7.29.2014

Weary. Worn.

weary (adjective): reluctant to see or experience any more of; feeling or showing tiredness, especially as a result of excessive exertion.

I have 3 posts in draft that I've tried to write and publish.

My journal is full of random thoughts strung together that make no sense.

I'm struggling to leave comments and to even read blogs.

I want to articulate so many feelings and thoughts.

I can't.

Vacation was good, but in a "I have no idea how I would have survived last week if I had not been on vacation" kind of way.

Weary is the best way I can describe it.

I am reluctant to experience more of infertility, that is for certain.

My emotions were definitely excessively exerted.

I am weary. I am worn.
Worn
~Tenth Avenue North~

I’m tired I’m worn
My heart is heavy
From the work it takes
To keep on breathing
I’ve made mistakes
I’ve let my hope fail
My soul feels crushed
By the weight of this world

And I know that you can give me rest
So I cry out with all that I have left

Let me see redemption win
Let me know the struggle ends
That you can mend a heart
That’s frail and torn
I wanna know a song can rise
From the ashes of a broken life
And all that’s dead inside can be reborn
Cause I’m worn

I know I need to lift my eyes up
But I'm too weak
Life just won’t let up
And I know that you can give me rest
So I cry out with all that I have left

Let me see redemption win
Let me know the struggle ends
That you can mend a heart
That’s frail and torn
I wanna know a song can rise
From the ashes of a broken life
And all that’s dead inside can be reborn
Cause I’m worn

My prayers are wearing thin
Yeah, I’m worn
Even before the day begins
Yeah, I’m worn
I’ve lost my will to fight
I’m worn
So, heaven come and flood my eyes

Let me see redemption win
Let me know the struggle ends
That you can mend a heart
That’s frail and torn
I wanna know a song can rise
From the ashes of a broken life
And all that’s dead inside can be reborn
Cause all that’s dead inside will be reborn

Though I’m worn
Yeah I’m worn


18 comments:

  1. I have listened to that song more than I want to admit... I agree with everything you said. I wish I had some sort of profound thing to say and I wish I could help... Sending many hugs and I will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of love and hugs and prayers!! It's such a hard place to be. Praying for refreshment for your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of you lately, and wondering how you have been doing.I All of this is so so so so so difficult. Im so sorry, I wish i knew how things would turn out for you and the man for GOOD, ....but know that youre in my prayers, as you go through this, come what may.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been praying for you! ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day at a time...that is what has been getting me through our "waiting" as well. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry. Sometimes, actually, most of the time, this journey just plain sucks. Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry. I hope and pray that things get better, even briefly, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This road can be so so long and bumpy. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A broken heart needs rest, we are praying for you! Healing hope comes in stages, even waves, just as grief takes us by surprise. I love that song and glad to know in small ways, God is ministering to your hurting heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for you, Rebecca. A little break from blogging and all things IF can be good. No need to waste your energy on guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all love you so much, Rebecca!

    I'm so sorry you're weary. Rest and let us lift you in prayer for a change!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry; I know that feeling and it sucks. Know that we've got your back. Sometimes when you almost can't pray because you're just too tired, know that we're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was going to post the link to the song on YouTube in your combox if you hadn't posted the video. Great minds think alike!

    Having said that, I'm sorry that you're feeling so weary and worn right now. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know this feeling all too well. I wish I knew words to comfort you, but please know that I'm praying for you. You're not in this alone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Rebecca, I just want you to know that you've been in my thoughts lots, and I am praying for you with all you have going on. Hugs, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always sending tons of prayers and love and hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ugh! I hate that anyone has to feel this way. I know the feeling all to well. I hope you feels Gods embrace and our many prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.