4.20.2014

Infertility Awareness Week 2014 - #1

The Lord is risen, Alleluia! He is risen indeed, Alleluia! Happy and blessed Easter to you!


When I first saw the dates for Infertility Awareness Week this year, I immediately thought how there was something about it starting on Easter. The day we celebrate Jesus triumph over His cross; the day that Love and Good wins and evil loses. The experience of infertility is certainly a cross to carry. The road on which we walk and then end are unknown; there will be people along the way who support us and help us carry our cross and there will be others who will add to the weight of it. The only promise we have is that God has already won and that someday, likely someday not on this side of heaven, it will all make sense.

While that is the only promise we have. It is also the only promise that matters.

I have a post scheduled for each day this week. While infertility is not my whole life, in some way or another it touches every aspect of my life. There is little that I do that is not touched by infertility or reminds me of it. I used to think that would be an awful thing, but now I know it is just a fact. Sometimes it is just as awful as I thought, and other times, in those moments of grace, I see just how much of a gift it is. It doesn't happen often, that I see infertility as a gift, but I am grateful for those moments. 

As I stated above, if you are here for the first time, welcome! It's nice to "meet you" and please know of my prayers for you!
The Lord is risen, Alleluia! He is risen indeed, Alleluia! Happy and blessed Easter to you!

8 comments:

  1. Excited to read all the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF does touch every aspect of our lives. Im glad your doing this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is Risen Indeed! Happy Easter, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter!!

    And I just need to add, I completely agree with you here -- "While infertility is not my whole life, in some way or another it touches every aspect of my life." YES to that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a joyful Easter!

    I second Stephanie's comment about agreeing with "While infertility is not my whole life, in some way or another it touches every aspect of my life." Sometimes it can be hard to communicate exactly how it touches ever last corner, but it does.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.