3.01.2014

Surgery #2 - 48 Hours Post-Op

Thank-you all so much for your prayers for me and The Man this week. We are very grateful.

My surgery went well.

The details (from what Dr. D. told The Man, I'm sure we'll get more information at my follow-up, including results of the cultures):
Both tubes were partially blocked.
Endometriosis had returned.
My left ovary was stuck to some tissue behind it.
There were adhesions.

All has been corrected. Again.

I'm feeling pretty well. Just sore and tired, but The Man is doing an excellent job of taking care of me. He gave me foot rubs on Thursday night, helped me get a decent sponge bath on Friday, and surprised me with a Shamrock Shake today. Kind of makes me wonder what is on tomorrow's agenda ;).

I'm relieved the surgery is over and went well. At the same time, I'm overwhelmed at all that was found.

The left ovary being stuck and the adhesions helped to explain some pain I'd been having; as well as the return of the endometriosis gave some answer to a return of back cramping that I'd not had for many cycles. So, it is nice to know that I wasn't imagining things.

For now, I'm trying not to worry about all of the "what comes next" thoughts that are trying to creep into my brain. I'm trying to remind myself I need to focus on my recovery and then see what Dr. D. recommends at my follow-up. I am grateful that all went well on Thursday.

Mary, Undoer of Knots, please continue to pray for us.

21 comments:

  1. I'm glad your recovery is going well and that your husband is spoiling you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to hear the man is treating you well, praying for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are recovering well and that the Man is taking good care of his girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oddly, I am glad to hear they found things to treat! Glad you are doing well with recover and continued prayers for the road ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continued prayers for you Rebecca! Mary, Undoer of Knots, pray for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy it went well, so hopeful for you. So grateful you have such an amazing husband!! Hugs, sister! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Continued prayers and glad it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. On a positive note, things are fixed! This is good news. (Through I wish you never had to have this surgery in the first place). Hang in there! I really hope 2014 will be a year of miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your on the road to healing! ...shamrock shake, yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear that the surgery went smoothly and that The Man is taking good care of you.
    Continued prayers, lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad they found something to treat, but I can definitely see how that list would feel overwhelming. I'm glad Cliff is spoiling you, and I hope your recovery continues to go well. Mary, Undoer of Knots, pray for us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad DH is being so helpful! I'm so sorry that they gave you such an overwhelming list of things they found. I remember very clearly how awful that felt for me. I'm praying for you and your continued recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad it went well; still praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keeping you in ongoing prayers. Hang onto hope!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been wondering how you made out! Glad everything was fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dr's always seem to be able to find something...does it ever end? Thank God you made it through another surgery and are mending nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Continued prayers for your recovery! Thank God for shamrock shakes and supportive husbands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness...when I read everything that your doctor found, I was overwhelmed for you! I am so glad it's fixed though. Did the endo regrow in the same places as last time or was it in new spots? Prayers for a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't know. The Man said he thought it looked worse, especially around my ovaries, in these pictures than 2 years ago, and Dr. D. said she'd compare it to the old pictures.

      Delete
  19. I know I've been a crappy blogger/friend by not commenting at all lately.. but please know you are in my prayers. I think of you and your journey often!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.