11.26.2013

Just What I Needed

Sometimes you meet someone and it's like you've known them all your life.

Well, that's what happened on Saturday, see?

The Man, Me, Donna!, and Himself
Why, yes, the awesome lady next to me is Donna!!!!!

And yes, you should be jealous :).

She's awesome, and so his Himself!

We met for a trolley ride through the Christmas lights at Oglebay and then dinner.

What started with a hug that was more like one shared between long-separated friends than two people meeting for the first time continued on for nearly 6 hours. Even the boys hit it off right away (good thing too, because they were in for a long night if they didn't - ha!)!

There are no words for how badly I needed this evening. More than I realized, than I think I could have realized.

Donna's blog is titled "What if God Says No" and she has said in the past she started writing to give those of us still "in the trenches" of infertility hope, regardless of the outcome. Her blog has done that, but seeing her in person, talking to her, witnessing it - as I write this, I'm at a loss for words but my heart is a little less broken, and for that, I am more grateful than I could ever say.

8 comments:

  1. You certainly know how to make a girl blush (and cry). What a great evening it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeping over here in Illinois- so glad you met and experienced healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great witness you both are. Glad you got to meet up with a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how technology has opened up new worlds- and new friendships for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just plain awesome! Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.