8.09.2013

Quick Takes: Pinterest Edition

I thought I'd share 7 pins I'm loving today with some thoughts about each one. You can follow me on Pinterest here if you'd like. (All pins link to their source or at least their spot on Pinterest.)

1.


As I'm training for my marathon (14 miles to run this weekend, *gulp* that's a new distance record), I really am learning that it is much more mental than physical. I've been drained lately with so much going on that the mental really is tough. This gave me perspective, reminded me that it will all be worth it but that it won't be, nor should it be, easy.

2.


As I find myself beginning grad school (yeesh, I feel like I could do a whole 'nother quick takes on updates) to study theology, I want to remember this. It is the love affair that drew me back home to the Catholic Church and is what will lead other to Her. Keeping the connection between my head and heart open is so important - in both directions.


3.



Yea. I love everything about this.

4.

The first time I read this it took my breath away because it summed up infertility so well. The day to day inability to mend coupled with the CD1s and not enough time to grieve before having to start the next cycle of trying. I find myself so often just wanting more time. I'm not sure there is enough time in the world though.

5.

I am so grateful The Man wants to understand me. I've been all over the place lately - emotionally and literally with travel - but he remains patient, forgiving, and tries to understand.

6.
I love elephants. I love this.

7.
Football season is less than a month away! I am so ready. My hopes are very low for this season, but I'm ready to let it play out on the field!

Have a great weekend and be sure to visit Jen for more Quick Takes!

11 comments:

  1. I love these!!! Especially number 2. Just saw a news item about GK's sainthood cause...http://www.zenit.org/en/articles/english-bishop-to-appoint-cleric-for-investigation-of-g-k-chesterton-s-cause-for-canonization. Pretty cool! Oh, and that elephant is super cute =)

    Grad school?!? Do tell!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4. I've been feeling that way so much lately. I've been so drained at the end of each work day, and so depressed by bedtime--its one of the reasons I'm starting to think more and more about finding a part time job and quitting this one. (And so I've also been feeling your number 5 lately too--sometimes I marvel at Chuck's putting up with me.)

    The elephant is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love #3! It's been that kind of week!

    Grad school? Excellent! Stueby?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bunch; especially #2 and #5!
    Have a beach vacation to look forward to but you know come September I'll be ready for some football.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #2 - I love that quote! I definitely need to remember it, because I can be so cerebral that I forget the relationship part. And yay for grad school! I've wanted to get a grad degree in theology or philosophy for a while now, but it's so expensive. Good luck with your studying.

    #3 - Sheer awesomeness!

    #4 - Yes. Just yes.

    #5 - Love this! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I <3 G. K. Chesterson! Also, with #5... aren't we lucky that we have such great men to back us? Thank you, God, for making conception a two person thing. I couldn't face this infertility thing alone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your 14 miles go well. You go girl! I love #4, never heard that, but definitely how I feel in relation to IF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grad school, huh? That's great! And so is your marathon training. I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great ones. But seriously, do they make roses like that or is that photoshop? So asks the girl who loves football and flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the pins, especially 1 and 2.
    Congrats on grad school! How exciting!!! I can't wait to hear more about that!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.