4.18.2013

Infertility Retreat

I will say, planning this retreat is a labor of love and is testing my strength. Just the planning process has been excruciatingly painful and healing all at the same time. The priest that is planning it with me is my spiritual director and it is mostly to his credit that the retreat is happening at all, as he really helped me to see that I can do this while maintaining boundaries. He has really helped me to balance my ministry with my personal life in a much healthier way and I am forever grateful.

The retreat is for anyone who has experienced infertility (including secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage) at any point (meaning you may have children now or be past child-bearing years, but if IF has touched your life, you are invited!). You may attend as an individual or as a couple. If cost is an obstacle for you, please email me (my work email is below) and I will be able to waive or lower the fee for you. Please do not let money be the reason you do not attend.

If I could humbly ask you to pass the information along and to consider attending. To download the brochure, visit www.dwc.org/marriage.








14 comments:

  1. Wow! I wish I wasn't halfway across the country. I would totally go to this! It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so, so, SO wonderful that you're doing this! (And brave too - it's hard to do an event that's so close to your heart, as you said.) I'm beyond bummed that I can't go because of a work conflict (grumble grumble) but have already told two couples about the retreat and as you know, we'll put the flyer out on the resource table at the April 28th event! I'll pray to the Holy Spirit that whoever needs this retreat finds out about it!

    Oh, and I think it's beautiful that you specify that people who are older and maybe "past" IF can come too - since maybe they haven't really dealt with it yet or received healing. Good move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you for doing this! I will pray for you, for your strength during the retreat, and for healing for your own heart, and all those who attend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you God for your servant Rebecca! This retreat will mean so much, to so many. Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. still on my to-do list... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I didn't live so far away too...sounds like a wonderful retreat and much needed for so many. I'm sure it will successful for you and for those attending. God will bless you for putting forth the efforts (labor of love) in helping many others who are carrying the same cross you are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No pressure on you far away ladies, but if you want to come, DC and Baltimore airports are only about an hour from the retreat center and I'm happy to help arrange transportation from the airport to the retreat center and back. And the offer to waive the retreat costs is genuine. I really want this retreat to be successful so I'm willing to do what I can to help people get there :). You can email me at rroyse at dwc dot org if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds awesome! Too far for me to travel right now, but maybe I could go another year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This retreat sounds so great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done a MAGNIFICENT job with literature, topics, it just looks GREAT!!! I wish I weren't so far either & we are a little tight on money or I would take a trip out to WV! :-) you are doing such an amazing job with this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! If I were closer, I'd be in for sure! My diocese has nothing like this. You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like such a wonderful event. I hope and pray that you get a wonderful turnout for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an absolute blessing you are!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.