1.29.2013

Sheenazing?

So, I got this email Sunday night telling me I had been nominated for a "Sheenazing" award from Bonnie at A Knotted Life. (Apparently "Sheentastic" is already claimed by Charlie Sheen and involves wild parties, cocaine, hookers, and pot. Who knew?!)

I follow Bonnie on twitter, but I didn't follow her blog *blushes in embarrassment* (Does this disqualify me?), so I had no idea such awards were actually taking place. I have since remedied this oversight.

So, when I click over to Bonnie's site to see what this is all about and what the categories were for nomination, I was sure to see "Train Wreck" as one of the categories because lately that's what I feel like this place is like - a bad train wreck, you know the kind where you should look away, but you just can't?

Much to my surprise, there was no "Train Wreck" category, so at least one of you must like something that happens 'round here ;).

And because of that, I am extremely humbled and honored. I often wonder to myself why I keep making all of this public, why I don't just write it out and then not hit "publish." It is for two reasons: 1) because the power of your prayers is amazing and 2) in hopes that it might help someone else someday as your blogs have helped me on countless occasions. The fact that the second one might actually be a reality is an answered prayer.

So, in the email Bonnie said we could blog about this award and ask you to vote for us. It feels a little weird to say "vote for me," especially since the only category I could come up with was the "train wreck" category and it doesn't exist. But, if you've got nothing to do and would like to vote for me, I will admit, getting to post the "Sheenazing Blogger Award" button on my blog would be pretty awesome :). I will also be very grateful.

Voting is from today through Thursday at 6:00pm. You can go here to vote, I'm in the "most inspiring" category (really? *blush*).

Finally, to whoever nominated me, thank-you. Your kindness humbles me.

12 comments:

  1. I voted for you!!!! I think your blog is very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exciting! And what a funny name. I am going to vote for you now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you're totally "winning", lol. We all knew you secretly down tiger blood to inspire your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome Rebecca! congrats and I'm gonna go vote for you, :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) I am voting for you! 2) You are inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!

    Me too, I'm under-appreciated LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So are you the first or second "The Road Home" you are doubley appreciated !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh know we are in the same category...there goes my chances. (Sinking faster than the Titanic). But you are inspiring so I couldn't imagine a better competitor. But just remember, the Packers still beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl recently...you haven't forgotten that, have you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And umm...for not reading Bonnie's blog I don't know how you got your blog listed not once but TWICE! :) That is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I voted for you! (wish I could vote twice since you were listed twice!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you have my vote--you are inspiring, beautiful, humble and honest...love! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are an inspiration to many. :-) I voted for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.