12.28.2012

Quick Takes

1. Merry Christmas! (One of my favorite things about being Catholic is that I can be 3 days late, and not be late at all ;)). I hope you all had a beautiful first few days of Christmas and continue to enjoy this season. Now, if I can just get the 2nd round of Christmas cards out before Epiphany...

2. This Advent I was privileged to pray for Hebrews! I offered my Daily Masses for her intentions and when I got out of my funk I asked God if He would be so kind as to accept my struggling retroactively on behalf of Hebrews. I sure hope He works that way! Thank-you to any of you who also prayed for Hebrews when I was having a hard time.

3. Christmas definitely won this year. Saturday (22nd) evening I started having back spasms (not unusual for me, but usually I can hold them off or prevent them from happening at all with exercises from my PT). Despite all of my efforts, needing to be in the kitchen working the 22nd, 23rd, and much of the 24th, lead to a miserable Christmas Day. Thank goodness we were going to my Dad's house and The Man was willing to make what we were taking with us. I've spent the rest of this week on a combination of muscle relaxers and much higher doses of ibuprofen than the bottle says is safe. Finally this morning I woke up to no spasms and only the familiar pain that is leftover for a few days.

4. I'm supposed to be running a half-marathon in 8 days. I can barely walk up the stairs at this point... :(.

5. Speaking of Prayer Buddies, so many of you have posted about praying specifically for those of us who are still waiting. Thank-you for remembering and praying for us, I am more grateful than I could say here, and I do believe it was due to those prayers and my prayer buddy's prayers that helped to soften my heart and give me the courage to give my Fiat.

6. As I write this, I have CNN on in the background and they are talking all about the Fiscal Cliff. At some point representatives have become completely politicians and don't seem to care one way or the other about the people they are supposed to represent. Maybe instead of having to cut their lavish "holiday" vacations short they should've stayed in Washington until they worked out a real solution - not just a band aid that has to be fixed again in 6 months. Lord, have mercy.

7. Tomorrow is WVU's bowl game. We play in the Pinstripe Bowl vs. Syracuse, an old Big East foe. We are watching the game at one of our tailgate buddies home and we will, of course, be taking pepperoni rolls with us. The Steelers are out of the playoffs, so after Sunday football season will be over for me. It's been a rough year, so I can't say I'm terribly disappointed, but come mid-March I will be ready for spring ball to start!

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you! So sorry to hear about your back. Hope it doesn't get in the way of your cheering this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the Packers have clinched a playoff spot, you could help me root for them! :) Just a thought!
    Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, the back pain is no good, and I'm sorry about your half marathon! I also love that technically, Christmas is still just beginning. I love that being Catholic means that we don't get just a day to celebrate something big, we get whole seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your back!! Merry Christmas to you!! I also love that we can still say it! Being Catholic is reeeaally awesome all the time but this time of year really rocks bc I absolutely love Christmas!! ;) (and I am totally sending out my second round of didn't-have-their-address-in-time cards tomorrow!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you too. I know back pain and it stinks. Hope it's doing better and you are enjoying this Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas! Our Chiefs clinched the #1 draft pick....perhaps Gino is on his way to Kansas City?? :) Sorry about your back, hope you're doing better by now. That can't be any fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas!!! I do hope you are feeling much better to run. Back spasms sound terrible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your back will heal soon so you can get back to running. thank you for sharing your story this past year. Your honesty helps me grow in my faith and trust in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.