12.31.2012

2012, In Review

Tonight we will celebrate the end of 2012 and ring in 2013 with dinner with my Dad at a local restaurant and I'm sure The Man and I will be sleeping long before midnight rolls around, we're wild and crazy like that.  To end the year, I thought I'd create a summary of posts from 2012, one month at a time (If you click on the month name, it will take you to all of the posts from that month, you know if you're snowed in and have finished reading the rest of the internet and are looking for something to do). Some of these are favorites and others mark important turns in our road.

I do this, not so much because I expect you to go back and reread them, but as a way to capture it all in one place for myself.

Thank-you to all of you for the love, prayers, and friendship you showed to me this year. 2012 certainly had it's ups and downs, but all of you are by far one of the best "ups".

January - I was Hoping for Hope just before my surgery.

February - Michelle and I (and many others) shared how We are the 98%.

March - I took a look at what this blogging community means to me and Why I Need Your Stories.

April - I reflected on Infertility Awareness Week.

May - It was time to take One Step Forward.

June - We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary and I reflected on the Healing Grace with which we have been gifted.

July - We moved and it was Bittersweet.

August - In Quick Takes style, I shared about a retreat experience I'd just returned home from.

September - My post about Kali is one of my favorites ever, though it was hard to pick just one from this month.

October - I ran my first half-marathon and shared my Race Recap.

November - In the month of giving thanks, I shared why I Am Thankful for Infertility.

December - After starting the month with sadness, I finally realized it was time to Surrender.

With prayers for joy for you all, I say Happy New Year Friends!

7 comments:

  1. Haha! I have big plans to be in bed by midnight as well. It's lame, but I am not a late night person and just because it's New Year's that doesn't change. Wishing you a very blessed 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, also, will be in bed long before midnight ... well, usually. Tonight is holy hour that begins at midnight, so if it were any other day than Monday, I'd be in bed. :-D It is a great way to ring in the new year, now that I think about it! (sometimes it takes me awhile to connect the dots).
    I will pray for your intentions tonight/tomorrow AM in 2013! Happy New Year!!!
    And I LOVE the stories from each month! What a great recap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls swear to me every year that they will be up at midnight. and I am shuffling little kids to bed around 11:15. We'll see if they make it this year! ha

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca~just started following your blog. Happy New Year--praying it will be the best yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been through a lot this year! I am so glad I found your blog. You are an inspiration! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of the month-by-month recap all in one place! Happy New Year!! I feel like our New Years are getting more and more low-key...good thing I like low-key :) Prayers for MANY blessings in 2013!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.