11.02.2012

Quick Takes (Updated)

1. Happy Friday Friends! As the custom has gone, I will include my Dad in these Quick Takes. If he only knew how famous he was :)!  Anyway, he is doing really well and would have been out of the cadiac-thoracic ICU yesterday if they'd had a room available on the regular floor for him. Personally, I don't mind him being in the ICU a little longer, the care he is getting is amazing. I know he'll be one of a few patients assigned to his nurse on a regular floor, so I'll just focus on the positive and appreciate the personal attention he is getting.

2. I started the FB Group. It is called Catholic IF - St. Gerard, pray for us. The link is here if you are interested. I'm not sure this link will work because it is a "secret" group. ETA: I was correct, the link didn't work because it is a secret group. So, if you are interested in joining and we aren't already FB friends, friend me on Facebook. ETA: Click here to go to my page and then you can send a friend request. I will accept your friend request and then add you. I know a lot of you are annonymous bloggers and one of the ground rules I created was to respect that and that "what happens in the group, stays in the group".  Email me if you run into trouble or need help :).

3.  And now I will be very vulnerable with you all. I am a people pleaser and peacemaker, if you ask The Man, it is to a fault sometimes. So much that a part of me dreaded making this group because I hated the idea of leaving people out. Now, I do not wish "membership" into this group on anyone, but I also hate the idea that some of you reading this may be feeling hurt or left out because it doesn't apply to you. I don't know what to say other than I'm so so sorry if you feel this way.

4. When I was in the elevator to visit my Dad yesterday, I had on my winter coat, a hat, and gloves. A guy asked me "what are you going to do when it gets cold?". I think my response was good: 1) Don't worry, I have more layers and 2) it was 80 degrees last week! He didn't have any more snarky comments for me. Seriously people, if winter is really here, in October, I think I'm doomed. Yes, I do have more layers, but I am so not ready for cold, drizzly rain and snow. I love the changing of the seasons and I do think the snow is pretty and I enjoy watching Kali play in the snow as she loves to do, however, I am not ready for gray, wet, cold, days. Not. even. close.

5.  Running. Hmm, I think I still do that. I really got out of my routine when taking the days off after the half to recover. I was having some ankle pain that disturbed me a bit, and then I tore my last contact so I had to wear my glasses (and I don't like to run in my glasses) until yesterday, and this just amounts to a bunch of excuses. I am hoping the weather man is right and it's suppossed to be sunny tomorrow - and I can get a run in before we head over for tailgating.

6. This weekend we get to change the clocks and "Fall Back" one hour! Yay for an extra hour of sleep on Friday Saturday (duh!) night - boo for it getting dark in the middle of the afternoon. I really need to be extra good about our meal planning now because nothing results in me on the couch under a blanket faster than getting home in the dark when it's cold out.

7. Well, it's Friday, it's football season, and WVU returns to the field tomorrow. We host TCU at 3:00pm (yay! it's not at noon!) and quite honestly if we don't play better I'm a little concerned at how hostile the stadium will be (towards our own team/coaches). I don't remember ever being as mad as I was 2 weeks ago. Not so much because we lost, but HOW we lost. It was horrible. But, we are {hopefully} moving on and learning from our mistakes. So, tomorrow at 3, I will be full of hope and nerves and sitting in my spot and rooting on my Mountaineers.

Have a great weekend and don't forget to visit Jen for more Quick Takes!

13 comments:

  1. Yay for your dad!!!
    You're too funny...feeling bad for excluding some people in your FB group! What a kind soul! :)
    What happened to fall? We went straight from summer to winter!
    Have a good time at the game tomorrow...it's always rough when you have a new coach, isn't it? (this is his first year, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your dad and for the fall time rollback! Have you tried emeals for meal planning? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to the whole "Fall Back" this year. More sleep! :-) I'm not looking forward to the cold at all - I do like living more south in Kansas as we usually get less snow. And sometimes it is warmer too.
    Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People pleaser - yep, that is me too and I could totally relate to what you posted! Thanks for organizing the group, I look forward to getting to know people better. And yeah for the good news about your dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #6.... there is pretty much nothing I love more than curling up under a blanket when it's cold outside! Hooray for extra sleep this weekend! :)

    Yay for the news on your dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #3 - my greatest wish is for EVERYONE to move on past the group never to return again!! And if that hurts anyone's feelings... well... I'm not sorry.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so great to hear that your dad is doing well. We're continuing to pray for him!

    Thank you so much for starting the FB group. It's not a club I wish I was a member of, but I'm glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty sure I've said it a couple of times, but I'm glad your dad is feeling better! As I am just reading this right now, sorry about the game. What a heart breaker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking of you as I watched the game last night. Ugg! Not a good football weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy your dad is doing better! I'm glad he's in such good care but hope he does get to go home soon! I think you handled that man in the elevator pretty well. I can only guess he would have laughed in my face since this Texas girl is notorious for over-layering and using scarves/ear warmers in less than freezing weather. I do love snow, but I can see how you're not looking forward to the wet stuff! Oh, and I'm so sorry about your Mountaineers :( ...close game though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I'm late to the party but I just sent you a facebook request! I am really looking forward to join your infertility group! Thanks for creating it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I have a question, and this is late, so I don't know if anyone will see it.

    I'm looking for a group of Catholic women who are past trying to conceive after suffering with infertility, for whatever reason, and have decided to live life without children.

    If anyone know of any such person or group, I would appreciate contact info.

    find me at rebeccaraye at me dot com

    Thank You

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.