10.26.2012

Quick Takes

1. It seems that my Quick Takes are becoming updates on my Dad. His first surgery went very well and the results were what we were hoping for. It is not lung cancer. He will be having his second surgery this coming Wednesday - Halloween in the middle of what is apparently the worst storm ever. They will be removing the lower lobe of his left lung. The amazing thing is they are most likely going to be able to do this through laprascopic-style incisions and, barring any complications, he will not have to have his chest cut open. This, I think, was the news that made us all the most at ease. Thank-you for the prayers thus far, if you could please continue to pray, I will be very grateful!

2. So, this storm. I've heard it called Frankenstorm and also Snoreastercane.  I'm hoping we stick more on the rain side of the wet than the s-word side of the wet. I'm not ready for the white stuff just yet. Either way, it should be pretty much miserable weather all next week, see:
3. This week has gone like this: Monday morning leave at normal time to head to airport for a 4 day board meeting at a retreat center outside of Atlanta + Arrive home Thursday evening at normal time = what feels like the longest day ever. But now, it's Friday, so it kinda feels like the shortest week ever. If you can follow this logic I don't know whether to be impressed or scared that someone else thinks like this :).

4. I am so glad the election season is almost over. It is really starting to hurt my soul. The fighting, the negativity, all of it. Somehow we have all lost sight of the fact that the people we vilify are human beings just like us. I am astounded at the lies that are spread as fact and the fact that so few people actually seem to care. I am feeling the weight of it all in ways I didn't know were possible.

5.This is a photo of the Mountaineer (WVU's mascot) atop Seneca Rocks in West Virginia. Yea, it's awesome here.


6.  I am approaching my second round of HCG injections. Last cycle's went well, except for the night I bent the tip of the needle getting the HCG out of the vial just enough that it was painful and caused a tiny bit of bleeding. I was much more careful from then on. If the random bleeding is going to return this cycle, it will be within the next couple of days as well. Such fun things to look forward to...

7. It is Friday, and it is football season. But, with a weird mix of glad and sad, there is no football game to get ready for tomorrow. We've lost our last 2 games. And by lost, I mean been beaten horribly in all aspects of the game. So, the good news of this weekend is we can't lose. The bad news is, there is no Mountaineer football and 2 weeks is a long time for the team to brood over the losses. I can only hope there are some lessons being learned.

Have a great weekend and don't forget to visit Jen for more Quick Takes!

13 comments:

  1. So glad your dad's biopsy went well, will be praying that the surgery does as well.

    Hopefully the Steelers can provide some good distraction this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continued prayers for your dad and it WV looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for your dad and I too hope you will have a fun weekend. And I can't wait for the election to be over. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continued prayers for your dad!!!

    And yes, I am so sick of the politics, both north and south of my border!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continuing to pray for your dad!
    The politics- I had a discussion last night on FB that literally left me shaking and in tears. That people would twist comments so it sounds like a pro-lifer thinks rape was something God planned... and that they need their choice to dispose of any child that results just makes me physically sick. I just can't believe the blatant disregard and denial that life exists in the womb!!! So, I feel the weight too. I was up half the night because I couldn't stop thinking and begging God to reveal the truth to people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that things are going well for your dad (or at least well compared to if it were cancer), and praying that this next surgery goes smoothly as well! I'm all for the cold, but we aren't supposed to get the snow here, and that makes me sad (maybe you could send yours our way?) I'd be more excited for the cold if I weren't signed up for a rock climbing clinic tomorrow. I'm thinking that I could be doing a lot of standing around and freezing my behind off. Cold is not fun in those circumstances. #5 is awesome! I think I need to come do some climbing in WV!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear things are going well with your day and I'm so very thankful it's not cancer! And I hope you fare okay with Frankenstorm. We are battening down the hatches here, too. And yes... the election cannot come soon enough! (of course, part of that for me is that Bri works in politics so he is insanely busy and I just want my hubs back!) Hoping you can enjoy a Mountaineer-less weekend. We are off to the JMU Homecoming game this afternoon. :) Love to you from over the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will continue to pray for your father.Praise God it's not cancer.

    I'm about to finish up round 2 of the HCG shots myself. Less neausea and dizziness this time. I hope when my cycle does start...there will be less pain. Ugh!

    Praying that storm is not as bad as they are predicting as well. What is up with all of the bad weather going on in this country????

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did they get the mountaineer up there? Or, was he photoshopped in there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news about your dad!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad things are going well for your Dad. Good luck with the shots. I'm sorry about the football. The teams you have lost to, though, are not slouches or anything. But I know it's hard when you're used to winning.

    Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was cycle 5 with hCG for me. I still bend the needle sometimes :( my last shot I pretty much just dumped back into the vial because I could see the needle was bent before I even took it out. I was not cut out to perform injections! At least I learned how to get a good needle through my skin without bruising - like a dart.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.