1. If I could start these takes out by asking for your prayers for my Dad. He called last night to tell me that during his regular check-up (which includes a chest xray) they found a spot on his left lung. He will have to have a PET/CAT (he couldn't remember which) scan and a biopsy to figure out what the spot is exactly and what to do about it. I realize that we really know nothing at this point, but my brain is going to all of those dark places - only made darker by the fact that 20 years ago this month my Dad's Dad died of lung cancer. While my Dad has never smoked a day in his life, there has been lots of second hand smoke. I am doing my best to keep these thoughts at bay, but I would appreciate the prayers for my Dad so so much. (If you happen to know me IRL or my Dad, please keep this news to yourself. He specifically asked that I not tell anyone except The Man, but I can't not ask for the prayers of this awesome community. So thank you in advance!)
2. Speaking of prayers, I realize I have been remiss in telling you about the beautiful answer to the prayers for my friend Cody. After returning to WV, he was hired as the Interim Executive Director of the WV Ecumenical Council of Churches. As he finished his interim term, he met with the Vocations Director in our Diocese and after prayer discerned that it was time to reinter the seminary through our diocese. Cody is now attending The Theological College at Catholic University of America as a seminarian in our diocese. His heart is peaceful and he is so far enjoying CUA. If you all would please keep him on your prayer list, as we know life as a seminarian is not easy!
3. 2 weeks ago (seriously, if I don't get better about my football-related blogging I'm gonna lose my WVU Fan Card) WVU hosted Marshall in the season opener. It was the perfect weather all day and the game did not last 7 hours this year (like it did last year thanks to lightening and thunder storms). This year, my friend Cassie who is now family (she is my step-cousin-in-law - we decided we're just gonna go with cousin!) and her new husband will be sitting with us most of the season. So excited!!!
|The Man, Me, Cassie, and Justin|
5. So, it's P+14. I haven't seen P+14 since April. I've been sure for the last 3 days that AF was coming. She hasn't. I had a 2 1/2 hour drive today for work. I spent the entire first two hours hoping and planning and dreaming. I spent the entire last 30 minutes trying to talk myself down to earth. I'm pretty much petrified of what the next few days will bring. I'm trying to allow myself to hope because ultimately I know hope is a good thing, but I'm trying to temper that hope with the fact that it might be crushed. I haven't made it past P+13 since April. Updated Saturday Morning: It is now CD1.
6. Of course, I am at a marriage prep weekend - which means The Man and I have to give our witness talk tomorrow and share our NFP story. I just heard one of the girls say "have twins so you can get it over with." Ah, blissful ignorance. :( Yep, I'm pretty sure AF will be here tonight or tomorrow. I really think it's time The Man and I discuss passing the baton on to another couple. Suddenly this short 1 hour talk tomorrow seems like climbing Mt. Everest. Thank God I will have The Man with me.
7. Tomorrow WVU plays James Madison University in a home-game-that's-not-really-at-home since the Redskins offered us $2 million to come play at Fed Ex Field. I have all. sorts. of. issues. with this. For now, I'm just hoping we don't pick tomorrow to be "the game we lose but should win big" and then I can move on (and probably rant about all of my issues). In any case - Let's GOOOOOO Mountaineers!!!!
Jen is busy with her reality show taping, so head on over to Camp Patton for more Quick Takes! Have a great weekend!