8.28.2012

The Next Turn in the Road

Well, today's the day. The day I wouldn't allow myself to think would really come. The day I joked about with the appointment scheduler when I made the appointment.

But it 's here. I have my first appointment with Dr. D. (Dr. S's partner since he retired in the spring after my surgery and follow-up.)

I am nervous because I do not know exactly what to expect. I do have a bit of an idea thanks to all of you, and I do know that I am going to request a second full-cycle blood work, it's been almost a year since I had my first (and only) one and I've been on metf.ormin and prom.etrium plus had surgery, so I'd like to see if my hormones are any better at all. Other than that, I suspect we are possibly entering into the world of ultrasound series and injectables.

Today the road takes the next turn and this is what I know: every time I think I want to just give up and throw out my charts God speaks to me in the exact language to remind me why I can't. He uses this beautiful sacrament of marriage to remind me how badly I want The Man to be a daddy; to remind me this isn't just about me and my fears and my control issues; to remind me that (please don't hate me) I don't ever dream about a BFP, but rather about telling The Man about the BFP. (I think this is why I'm able to not test every month.) That as much as I want to be a mommy, there is something deeper inside of me that wants The Man to be a daddy. Something that knows if it were possible to sacrifice my motherhood for The Man's fatherhood I would do it, in a heartbeat without hesitation. It is why, of all the days, Father's Day is the hardest. Of all the things that break my heart, hearing The Man hurt is worse; hearing him say things like "it's just not fair, there are babies all around us" breaks my heart in places I didn't know could be broken.

So, while my flight response is wanting to kick in big time (remember, I have no fight response - yes, I am stubborn, but my every instinct is to run), God is reminding me that there is more to this. And today, I begin to discover what that more will look like.

Thank God for good friends, because after my appointment Ania, E., and Christy (her blog is private) and I are meeting for dinner. Christy and I are friends from grad school, E is a friend and my FCP, and Ania is a blog friend turned IRL friend. There will be a couple of kiddos, a baby growing in utero, a couple DHs, and 4 ladies who share the journey of IF, 2 of which who also share the pain of miscarriage, and lots of chit chat, faith, and love. I can't imagine a better way to spend the evening than with these ladies.

And now, I need to finish up because if I don't get packed and ready I'm going to be late and I don't think stressing over being late for 4 hours in the car is a great way to start this appointment.

16 comments:

  1. I pray your appointment goes well, Rebecca. Have a great evening with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying the appt goes well... I too am a "flight" person often times. You are brave to engaged in the fight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for good things to come from your appointment!! Have fun at dinner. Oh, and I'm flight all the way too. We can be flighters together. Haha!! Sarah's right, you are such a brave person to fight this with all you've got!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited for this new chapter and extremely hopeful for y'all! You are in my continued prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the appointment goes well and gives you lots of direction on what to do next! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for you and the next part of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are fighting ... one step at a time! Praying for you today at the doctor appointment. You are truly selfless to grieve more for your husband than yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a place to stay if you'd like to do the u/s series here. Just sayin' ;)

    Can't wait to hug you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that the appointment goes well! It's so exciting to get to spend time with people who get it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying the appointment goes well, enjoy the get together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great time with everyone. Praying for you at your appointment, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your appointment went well and that you had a lovely evening with the bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope the appointment went well, Rebecca. Such a big next step but God is right beside you leading the way. You are a strong woman. I am so hopeful for you. One step closer to some answers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I offered up so many prayers for you yesterday!!! I hope it all went well!

    ps I'm jealous of your blogger meet-up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad we got to see each other again! Love that we closed the place out and still chatted in the parking lot :)

    Hope the trip to see A went well and that you arrive safely home to the man an pups.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are still in my thoughts, friend.

    --C

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.