1.31.2012

HHS Mandate - Lord Have Mercy

So, since contraception is considered preventative care (to prevent a woman from getting pregnant who does not want to) and the Obama Administration says all preventative care must be covered, well then...

Infertility treatments (that prevent a woman from not being able to get pregnant who wants to) must also be covered without having to jump through hoops and find doctors who know special insurance codes, right?

No?

And treatments that can help prevent cancer (like removing endometreosis and treating PCOS) should be covered for free too, right?

No?

Oh, I must have missed something.

And I was pretty sure I'd read this somewhere:


Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of  religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof (emphasis added).

Yea, I know that one is true.

Sure am glad I signed this petition.

There is so much more I want to say, but my heart is heavy and mostly it has all been said here and here and many other places.

Lord have mercy on us.
St. Michael, defend us.

8 comments:

  1. Sigh. Amen to that. I've been feeling down about this for days. I told Husband he has to run for president someday to fix this horrible problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm there with you. Sad, angry...but you know me...the anger fades...and then you're just felt feeling sad. (((HUGS)))

    So glad I signed it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, feeling angry and sad... the anger is fading, and I'm beginning to feel a little daunted. I think I need prayer to help give me courage to continue to stand up against this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ya! I signed too. It makes me so mad! We gotta fight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plus one. I just signed. :) Thanks for your example in fighting the good fight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link to sign the petition! I signed it!
    I'm pissed that Infertility can't be covered ... but I guess I wouldn't support the mandate if it was either, as long as it still included the birth control.
    Its so frustrating! I wish we could have a real voice!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.