1.01.2012

Happy New Year!


I should probably have some deep reflection on 2011 but I really don't. I'm neither extremely happy to see 2011 go or hopeful about 2012. The year will be what it will be and we will travel the road before us. That sounds much more depressing than I feel about it, it's really just a neutral statement as far as emotions go.

I am looking forward to starting the year at the Love and Responsibility course and the opportunities for learning, prayer, and reflection it will provide. I figure it's as good a way to start a year as there is.

I've got a couple of posts scheduled for this week, and Thankful Thursday will be a thankful post from 2011.

Happy New Year friends, thank-you for sharing your lives with me.

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Love & Responsibility - good stuff.
    To new beginnings,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I'm praying for a great 2012 for you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on overall feeling neutral about 2011 leaving and 2012 coming in. I'm neither depressed nor excited. It is what it is and I'm more thinking about how to live this day rather than this year. Praying that we all grow closer to Him, no matter what this year brings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year. As our pastor said today in church, the year is a fresh beginning. It is like a field of white snow with no tracks yet made... you get to make your own tracks. May your tracks take you on an exciting journey! I pray this year to grow in my faith and instill more faith development into our family routines, especially with my preschooler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, for one, am glad to see 2011 go. Looking for great things in 2012!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you! I understand your sentiments. I feel like that is probably where we should be. You know, simply living in the present, continuing to put one foot in front of the other and pray we continue to walk with Christ.

    Personally, I have some mixed feelings right now. I feel like my Aunt Bea's death provided closure on a year where there were lots of goodbyes and see you laters. For the first time in four years, I'm not wondering when I'm going to get a call that someone is very sick or close to dying (It seemed like my Nana was "on the verge" for so long...)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.