12.08.2011

Thankful Thursday


Much like Thanksgiving week, this is a hard one to write this week; and much like Thanksgiving week, it's times like this are the reasons I started writing Thankful Thursday. It's hard to be completely bummed out when you are trying to think of things for which to be thankful. Go easy on my items this week, they may seem superficial, but I assure you, my gratitude is not:

  • Nacho cheese Doritos left over from last week's WVU Football game.
  • An unexpected Christmas bonus check that paid for the unexpected repairs on my Jeep - the amounts were almost identical.
  • My mom. We don't have the best relationship ever, but I realized yesterday that knowing that I can depend on her when I need her (like when I need a car to get to work) to help me out (give me her car for the day) is something positive. I need to go easier on her.
  • The Man. I'm pretty sure he's knocking of years in purgatory left and right by being married to me.
  • All of you. I'm pretty sure I'd be checked in to the local psychiatric ward without your kind comments and prayers. I will never be able to say Thank-you enough.
  • The look on Kali's face when she saw it had snowed. I will never understand what that pup loves so much about cold weather and snow, but watching her enjoy it almost makes me enjoy it.
  • A girl's weekend with Nicole starting tomorrow.
What are you thankful for this week? Write your own post and link below or leave a comment with what you are thankful for. I pray for each of your items specifically each week and it is such a gift to me to do so.


7 comments:

  1. You made it snow on your page, how cute!

    Ditto on avoiding the psych ward b/c of amazing blog friends. I'm thankful for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow on your page is way cool! I love your list, it reminded me of some of my own items to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic about the bonus! I love it when that happens! I am thankful that my husband got a bonus yesterday that allowed him to pay off some lingering debts. Yahoo! Debt be gone! Now, on to those pesky student loans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! You are so wise to focus on the many blessings in your life. You are an example to all of us. We have so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list! The one about your mom reminds me that I should be easier on my mom, too. I know she loves me...even if she only knows how to show me "her" way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snow on your page is as close to snow I'll ever get here in South LA! :/

    Crazy about the bonus check and car repairs. God always provides. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for Christmas bonus checks and SUPER-AWESOME hubbies!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.