12.24.2011

Prayer Buddies Reveal

Merry Christmas (Eve!)

This was my first time participating in Prayer Buddies and I'm so glad I did. I had a hard, dark Advent and one of the lights was being able to pray for others and offer up the darkness and sadness I felt for them.

I was honored to get to pray for 2 Prayer Buddies:

Cathy from See Cathy Save

And RMB from In Her Footsteps.

Almost every day I prayed in the following ways for your intentions:

  • The St. Andrew Novena
  • The Rosary
  • Daily Mass Intentions
  • Offerring up my struggles
  • Adding you both to my Magnificat Prayer Group's Intentions (by first name only of course :))
  • While listening to Christian music on my way to and from work
I pray the prayers were felt and I will continue to keep you both in my prayers throughout the Christmas season and beyond.

It was so hard to not comment on both ladies blogs throughout Advent to let them know I was praying for them and their intentions, getting to tell them I was praying for them was a great gift! I'm looking forward to commenting in the future AND to meeting Cathy. We are both from the same home town, it will be so great to give a big hug and pass on my prayers in person!

Before I finish this, I also need to tell you a little story about Prayer Buddies:
This year, at the start of Lent The Man and I had been through our first 6 TTC cycles and though it was still relatively early, I just *knew* it was going to be a long road. A part of me wanted so badly to be a prayer buddy and put my intentions out there, but a part of me was scared. Scared mostly of this happening: that I would be paired with someone who had suffered IF for years and end up pregnant by the end of Lent. To know that I could cause pain as a result of asking for a prayer buddy paralyzed me and I debating for weeks as to what to do...so I reached out to a dear sister in Christ, Michelle, and asked her if we could be each other's prayer buddies and I shared my intentions with her: first that we be blessed with a pregnancy and a few emails later for the grace to handle whatever comes our way. She shared intentions with me and we were our own prayer buddies.

Both seasons have given me one thing in common - knowing that someone is praying for you specifically is one of the most healing, soul-soothing experiences I have been through. I feel it every time there is a post here that is responded to with prayers, I felt it during those days of Lent, and I felt it during this Advent.

JBTC, TCIE, and Mrs. Henderson - thank-you so much from the bottom of my heart for organizing this beautiful way to pray and share our stories.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas gift! That is really a neat thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rebecca - such a beautiful tribute and you are an amazing prayer warrior. I didn't know you were paired with RMB - she is a dear friend of mine (IRL) and is such a sweetie! I hope you have a Merry Christmas and there is a light burning bright with hope and love for you during the Christmas Octave!! Much love to you and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love prayer buddies also! I'm so glad you participated this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That you have so many 'branches' out here in blogland to strengthen you is a wonderful feeling. I hope you received much peace and release from participating. :) Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.