12.12.2011

Overwhelmed at 3 Years

Three years ago today I sat down and wrote in this place for the very first time, wondering if anyone would ever read the words I'd written or if I'd stick with it (expecting not to stick with it in fact).

Today, I am overwhelmed. My emotions are still raw and all over the place and I'm trying to reply to all of your kind comments on my recent posts (those of you that have your email enabled anyway :) ). I am also trying to process all of the love and prayers that you all have bestowed upon me not only this week, but over the entire three years. There have been times when I could feel the prayers and love, tangibly feel them. Yesterday was one of those times.

Whether you are one of my oldest IRL friends or someone I've never met in person, thank-you for making this place what it is. Thank-you for making this place home to me, where I am most comfortable being me.

As a thank-you to all of you, I have a small giveaway.

It is just a tiny way that I can say thank-you to you all...if I could give you all a gift, I would. All you have to do to enter is to leave a comment...any comment will be fine :)...I will pick turn comments off on Thursday evening and post the winner on Friday. Oh? You want to know what you can win? I know it's probably not something on your Christmas list, but it is something that I hope when the winner hangs it on their tree each year they remember it was given with total gratitude for prayers offered and kind words said...

26 comments:

  1. I love it! My Christmas tree will love it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, It has been so good to begin to get to know you on this journey. It has been a privilege to pray for you in your times of need and lift you up when you need it. You are not far from my thoughts this week.
    Happy 3rd Blogging Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha!
    Who didn't wonder the same thing when we started writing our blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're here and that you stuck with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 3 whole years! Yay for bloggerversaries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your blogging anniversary!! I love the ornament and would be honored to put it on our tree...so in the words of Jenny - PICK ME, PICK ME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My tree has lots of empty branches...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca, I know I haven't been "following" you for very long, but it's been a real joy to do so! I love reading about your experiences, and your comments on my blog are always so thoughtful and caring. Happy Blogoversary! My prayers are with you.
    (Oh...and PICK ME!!) haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! What a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogoversary! I'm so glad I found your blog and hope we can meet IRL someday!

    This is probably the sweetest giveaway I've ever entered. I would love to win this special ornament! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to order my last winnings! ASAP! I am so behind. This would look lovely in between my Raider helmet and Jayhawks Santa. :) We love coming here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blog-aversary!!
    Does it play 'Country Road'?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rebecca,

    Just know that you're still in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Remember, just as you feel lifted up...you have given myself and so many others that same gift. That's the beautiful thing about this blog community...we lift each other up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too started a blog with the intention of hardly ever posting, and then just giving up. I'm happy you and I are sticking with it! I love having a little place online that I can be 100% honest about my fertility struggles. I'm glad you have that place too.

    I love that ornament. If I were to be the lucky recipient, it would hang right next to my LSU Alum ornament. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great day to start writing! Seems our Lady may have had something to do with it for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your 3rd Blog Anniversary! Though IF brought me to your blog, I am grateful to read and share your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! I'm glad you started this thing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hooray for three years of blogging!! I still remember when you first found and commented on my blog (it was December 08). Boy has life changed a lot for both of us since then. Glad to be part of the journey with you! And glad that you've been a part of my journey, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I only found your blog in the last few months, but I feel as if I know you! Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rebecca,

    It's Wednesday and you're in my prayers. Thinking of you and praying that you're having a great day!

    Finding your blog and following you has been a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Blogiversary! And count me in for the sweet giveaway:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! Three years, wow!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.