11.24.2011

Thankful Thursday



I'm not gonna lie. This is hard this week. Yes, I have MUCH to be thankful for. So. Much. But today, I am really feeling the hurt of what is I do not have. Last year it just never even entered my mind that I wouldn't at least be pregnant by this Thanksgiving. It is precisely days like today that I started this series of posts; why I decided that I needed to remind myself regularly of all that I have and all that I am blessed with. So, while my heart is heavy today, it is with deep gratitude for all that I have that I am writing.

This week, I am thankful for:

  • An opportunity to see Dr. S. in December. In less than one month.
  • A Thanksgiving Dinner with one part of my family.
  • The Backyard Brawl!
  • The Season of Advent - the opportunity to await a baby that has already come and saved us all from our crosses.
  • Breakfast with Kim yesterday.
  • Two sweet pups.
  • And so much more...
And I leave you with a quote I posted on Thanksgiving in 2009 that I think truly says it all about my intentions for these Thankful Thursdays:


If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice.
~Meister Eckhart


What are you thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day?

(I was having linky troubles, so please just leave your links in the comments this week :). Thank-you!)

9 comments:

  1. The holidays are a difficult time...I'm glad you still choose to do this post.
    And I'm thankful for the opportunity to live so close to family that we don't have to travel for Thanksgiving...for the first time since I left home for college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your honesty! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post!
    I imagine there's a story in "The Backyard Brawl"??
    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Rebecca! You continue to be in my prayers. I'm so thankful for you! :)

    http://michelle-endlessstrength.blogspot.com/2011/11/thankful-thursdays-4.html

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful for bacon, funny faces on Friday, warm snuggles in the middle of the night, forgive and forget attitudes with siblings, parents, friends, and cheap shoes. (I found a sale!)

    I hope your Turkey day was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's my contribution: http://lavishedwithlemons.blogspot.com/2011/11/thankful-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The holidays are tough...holding you and all my other lady IFers close to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There was a great article in the Denver Post recently that talked about the positive health effects of gratitude. It made me even more thankful for Thankful Thursdays =)

    http://kaybeeski.blogspot.com/2011/11/thankful-thursday-thanksgiving-edition.html

    Hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so hard when what we hope for, dream for prayer is delayed once again. May God bless You

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.