11.04.2011

Quick Takes

7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!
1. Wow. Somehow it's been a busy week around here. First, thank-you all so much for your prayers for Cody.

2. Don't forget today is the last day (both end at 9:00pm EDT) to enter the contest to win free Christmas cards AND to vote in the polls on my sidebar as to your choices for the Big Idea (I really need to come up with a 'cool' name for this).

3. I'm missing my 2nd home football game in 2 years tomorrow.  (After an 8-year streak of not missing any :( ). Once again, this one is for a wedding. This time it's my cousin. The last of the 'adult' cousins to get married on my mom's side.  The next wave of family weddings won't be for at least 10 years or so. That makes me kinda sad.

4. Speaking of football, it's official, WVU is FINALLY in the Big XII. It only took them long enough! I'm just glad we are off the sinking ship that is the Big East.

5. Tomorrow should be my last blood draw for my hormone panel that is being done this cycle. I was actually totally calm, cool, and collected about this whole thing until driving home from the lab last night. It's starting to sink in that we may just be on the path to some answers, and the fears are creeping up again. As CD1 is approaching, I'm sure a whole post will follow.

6. I bought The Man sock monkey slippers (after seeing Mary's post about hers). He loved them. If you follow me on Twitter, you've already seen that he didn't even wait to take of his shirt, tie, and dress pants before putting them on :).

7. I have so many pictures to upload, including ones of Joy and me, of the baptism last weekend, and more. Sadly, I have misplaced the usb card reader to get the pictures from the memory card onto my computer. I'm giving it until Sunday to reappear and then I'll be buying a new one.

Have a great weekend! Don't forget to visit Jen for more Quick Takes!

7 comments:

  1. 3. You should check out this website.

    http://www.fallweddingssuck.com/

    It's hilarious!

    4. Welcome to the Big 12! I was a little worried we were going to be the sinking ship but so far they're turned it around. I heard that they're going to try to get LSU and/or BYU.

    7. I wish I would have known you were missing the usb card reader. Yesterday Woot.com had a sale on a wireless SD card. It was on sale for $20 (and when I got mine it was over $50). I love it, it recognizes your wifi and as soon as it's within distance automatically send the picture to your computer. If you're going to buy a new one you should check that out. It's called Eye-Fi.

    Thanks for your prayers and concern. W're just waiting around the hospital now to find out about surgery. Thank goodness I brought my laptop so I have something to keep me busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAIT! A wireless SD card???? Oh I might just have to stop looking for my card reader and go straight to that! Seriously, that would be the best ever - as the reason it takes me so. stinkin'. long. every. time. to upload pictures is because I'm too lazy to get up off the couch and go get the card and card reader from across the room!

    This may be the best thing ever!!!!

    Continued prayers for your hubby...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to think I thought you'd be happy about the last of the weddings for a few years so that you wouldn't have to miss more games! ;-)

    I am glad that you are closer to answers, even if it does allow more room for anxiety to creep in. God is still God, and you are living this wonderfully, even if it feels horrible. Just remind yourself that there is always a good chance that the answer could be something both simple and easy to remedy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm intrigued by Katie's comment. I'm going to have to check that out, too!
    Glad The Man likes his sock monkey slippers! I LOVE mine! I saw a really cute sock monkey scarf, and you can put your hands in the sock monkey and use it for mittens! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the weddings...our wave started last year with one cousin. This coming year I have two cousins and my baby-baby sister getting married. It's crazy!

    Glad The Man enjoyed his slippers. :)

    Yay for Big XII! :) Now for some WVU-KU game meet-ups! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is the best thing ever, well I really like my vacuum/steam mop combo too. I don't know it's tough call. Either way, it's one of the second best inventions ever (forget pacemakers, the printing press, and the internet.) If you get it, I hope you love it as much as I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wretched hormone panels! They are helpful though. I hear ya on the CD 1 blues...sometimes mine start post peak.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.