11.08.2011

My Friend, I Care

Don't tell me that you understand, don't tell me that you know.
Don't tell me that I will survive, how I will surely grow.
Don't tell me this is just a test, that I am truly blessed.
That I am chosen for the task, apart from all the rest.
Don't come at me with answers that can only come from me,
Don't tell me how my grief will pass, that I will soon be free.
Don't stand in pious judgment of the bonds I must untie,
Don't tell me how to grieve, don't tell me when to cry.
My life is filled with selfishness, my pain is all I see,
But I need you and your love...Unconditionally.
Accept me in my ups and downs, I need someone to share,
Just hold my hand and let me cry, and say, "My friend, I care."
~Author Unknown

10 comments:

  1. What a good reminder to just "be" there, and not be a source of inspiration or encouragement or judgment or advice. Thanks, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I can always use the reminder to just be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!

    Thank you, my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so true, but so hard sometimes! When you hear how a friend is hurting, you want to say something to relieve the hurt, even though you have NO idea how badly the friend is hurting. Thanks for the reminder that it's okay not to say anything; it' enough to just be there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find Rebecca! Think I might steal this too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I needed to read this.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.