11.14.2011

My Camera

Well, it turns out that the 'robber' (can you really call the person that since I conveniently left my doors unlocked for him/her?) did get something valuable out of my car...

My camera...

With the memory card in it...

That had the pictures of my meet-up with Joy (I'm SO sorry Joy!); those of our goddaughter's baptism; and the ones from my cousin's wedding last weekend.

The camera can be replaced, in fact, I'm picking up a new one tomorrow (thank-you to The Man for not being too upset and understanding that I will beat myself up more over this than anyone else could).

It just makes me ill. I'm still glad that my rosary wasn't taken, but I'm so mad at myself for leaving my car unlocked (we don't have a garage or anything like that). I know better.

When do we get a break? Even if it's only from my own stupidity.

13 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this. Our home has been burglarized twice. It's such a bad feeling when someone is in your space and takes your things. I know it was your car but still, I hate that feeling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So frustrating! I'd be more upset about the memory card being taken than the camera. I'm very attached to photographs. Sorry you had to go through that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks, Rebecca! I'm sorry to hear of it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be sure to check Craigslist, EBay, and the local pawn shops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow someone really does not want our meet-up to go public ~ kidding!

    Hope you can get copies of the baptism from someone, sorry again about the burglary. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stinks! Having been robbed myself twice (and I didn't even leave the car unlocked, they smashed the window), I know how you feel. Ugh. Great that you're getting a new camera, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, that really stinks. Did you report it to the police? Cuz sometimes they'll make arrests and confiscate stolen items and you might be able to reclaim it. That happened to my brother, although he never did get his stuff back :( But, you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just because you left the car unlocked still does not give them the right to take things from it! Sorry to hear about all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The world is full of corrupt beings. Kick them all in the shins, to be sure you hit the ones that need it, and remind the others to behave.

    Getting jacked stinks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm so sorry! That happened to us once but thankfully they just got things like our GPS and a couple Bluetooth headsets. That's terrible that someone would do that. :( I feel terrible for you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your car was broken into?! That's scary! I treasure my pictures and it'd make me sick too. Ugh.

    You have to admit though, that if they had stolen your rosary the guilt would have eaten them alive. I just don't understand how the guilt doesn't eat them alive for electronics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH NO! I didn't know this happened to your car! I'm so so sorry. What a loss to lose those pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.