10.11.2011

Hope on CD3

Don't you love it when the Holy Spirit works away at your life in the background when you are 'busy' living?

It's been one of those week's where I see the Holy Spirit at work in a very real way and I am ever grateful.

I am 2 1/2 days into the Theology of the Body Institute with Christopher West - YES!  The IN REAL LIFE Christopher West.  And the Holy Spirit has been ALL over this retreat and class, but I have yet to find the words to truly describe that, I'm not sure I ever will.  But I do have some very real experiences related to our IF that have happened this week.

First, a couple of weeks ago, when I found out I was going to be 1) coming to a retreat center outside of Philadelphia/Harrisburg and 2) was going to be scheduling an appointment to see P, a NaPro nurse practitioner who works with Dr. S. I had this wonderful idea that it would be great to schedule the appointment WHILE I was at the retreat.  How great would only having to make one 4 hour trip be instead of 2?!?

So, I called and scheduled my appointment for Thursday (you know, the appointment that I'm not supposed to be able to have until I've got at least 2 months of Creighton charts?  Well, P agreed to see me with only about 2 weeks due to my 2 years of STM charts :)).  Then, I started thinking I really don't want to miss any sessions, so I sent an email asking when would be a good time to leave the retreat center for a couple of hours.  I found out Monday and Tuesday afternoons have large blocks of time that are 'free' time.  I called the doctor's office back and asked if there was any way P. could see me on Monday or Tuesday afternoon.  (In my head, I said a quick prayer for 1:00 on Tuesday.)  The nurse came back on the phone and asked 'How does 1:00 Tuesday work?'  Thank-you Holy Spirit.

Then, yesterday I went to confession.  For the first time in a really long time.  So long I was totally nervous and completely freaked when it was face to face. (Insert laugh from God right about here.)  During my confession the Priest tells me about his daughter (he was widowed and then entered the seminary) who is a NaPro FCP and has an 18 month old after 7 years of IF.  He asks about NFP, we talk about Creighton and he tells me (among other things) to offer up my suffering for babies who are aborted (HELLO TCIE!) and I leave confession feeling so much lighter and hopeful than I have in a long time.  Again, thank-you Holy Spirit.

Today, I have my appointment.  Armed with my charts and 'normal' results from blood work.  P. takes one look and says, 'well, everything is not normal I see a concern here'.  She proceeds to explain that my LH is 2x higher than my FSH and LH should never be higher than FSH (I might have those backwards and my notes are way far away at the moment - moral:  something is higher than it should be :)).  And that if it were 3x higher it would mean PCOS, and 2x higher could mean a mild case.  AND she says that my STM charts were very helpful to her!  Yep.  Finally the beginnings of an answer - thank-you Holy Spirit!

It gets better though, as she starts to explain the hormone panel that I've read so much about from all of your blogs she says it has to start on CD3.  Guess what today is?  Yep! CD3.  So instead of more waiting, I was able to get my first blood draw done right then and there!  At this point, I got chills.  I could actually feel the Holy Spirit telling me I was doing the right thing.  I was in the right place at the right time.  Thank-you Holy Spirit!

So today, on CD 3, there is hope.  Yesterday, on CD 2 it was the 1 year anniversary of our first disappointment.  Our first cycle TTC and our first 'no.'  Today, there is renewed hope.  There is the promise from the Holy Spirit that, regardless of what happens, His grace will continue to flow.

Will you please rejoice with me and give thanks for this hope?  For the Holy Spirit hanging in with me even when I am doubting?

18 comments:

  1. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Sooooo happy for you! I hope the rest of your week is equally fulfilling and God continues to show you His Grace on this less than easy path!! Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! It's amazing when everything is just clicking into place like that, one thing after another. Prayers for the rest of your week to go just as well, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an awesome post! I have Holy Ghost goosebumps!!! :-D So happy that things are looking great for you!!!

    I've been to a seminar with Christopher West and he is such a great speaker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fantastic! I'm glad things are falling into place! Also, Christopher West IRL?!? I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I got chills reading all this. Isn't it so wonderfully amazing how the Holy Spirit works? It seems your trip is already a success in more ways than one. Prayers going your way that this is the start of many great things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! One awesome thing after another! I'm so excited for you to start your blood draw. I hope it provides many answers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giving thanks for hope renewed and grace abundant and the Holy Spirit breezing thru!
    Hope the retreat continues to go well, looking forward to Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for you!! I am teary eyed reading this post! And YAY that P was able to start giving you some answers *right away*!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Awesome story. God's plan is ALWAYS better than ours and I am again reminded of that with recent events in my life. I had it figured out, God laughed... He was right! All the best and hope for at least one more visit... so we can go to Coldstone! (there was one close to your apt yesterday)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah! I love it when things just fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing how things fall into place sometimes :) I am glad it seems things are looking up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yaaaay!! It's healing for the soul to feel like you are starting to get answers. I know what a relief that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes; rejoicing, giving thanks, and wishing you peace of mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If this were FB, I would give it a big LIKE!!!!!!!!!! Great post, full of so much hope and encouragement! Yeah, for the Holy Spirit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy for your renewed hope, Rebecca. I will offer my thanksgiving and continued prayers for you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is amazing! Praise God and the Holy Spirit!

    In the dark days (and there will be some) remember this. Come back and re-read this post!! It will remind you to keep hoping! And to keep holding onto God.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you're feeling the relief of getting somewhere! I too had out of whack FSH:LH ratios and was diagnosed with PCOS earlier this summer. I go to a Napro Center in Camp Hill Pa, wondering if we go to the same place? Praying you continue to get some answers!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.