9.16.2011

Quick Takes


1.  Once again, I find myself shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, to find out that some of you are not only NOT football fans, but that you do not understand the game either.  What do you possibly do with yourself on Saturdays and Sundays in the fall?  And what do you have to look forward to all spring and summer long?  Seriously, I'm asking.  I can't imagine it.

2.  In hopes that it is only because you were severely neglected led astray as a young child, I have a gift for you :).  A couple of years ago I wrote a series of 3 posts about How to be a College Football Fan, so for Quick Takes today, I'm going to give you the links to those posts.  You're welcome!  (And lest there be any confusion, these rules work for Professional Football too.  Some of the rules are different, but you'll get the basics.  You're welcome.  Again. ;))



5.  How to be a College Football Fan, Part 3.  (All about what happens when the rules get broken!)

6.  And because I love you all so much, and I know you are wishing I'd write about something else dying to know more, I am working on a Part 4 for next week!

7.  Happy weekend, Let's goooooo Mountaineers!, and be sure to visit Jen for more Quick Takes!

6 comments:

  1. I don't understand it either!!! I positively salivate for Husker football during the offseason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saints fan here! I don't understand it all, but I know what a touchdown is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I not a very good football fan, because I don't have cable and I can't watch the team that I most care about... And I prefer to be hanging out in the mountains than sitting in my living room (though a good game with like-minded fans is a WHOLE different story). BUT I still like football, and I do know the game, and enjoy football season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shocking doesn't begin to describe how I react when people profess their indifference to football! :) I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Packers!! Go Badgers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do I look forward to all spring and summer? Hockey!

    Please don't be too hard on me--I am Canadian!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stitchwort -

    We'll forgive you - I've got great respect for loyal fans of any sport :). Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.