7.30.2011

Quick Takes (Saturday)


1.  I didn't get to my takes yesterday, but since randomness is all I've got for today, I'll add my two seven cents in a little late.

2.  I had a first on Thursday - blood drawn.  The nurse even commented, 'you're 32 and you've never had your blood drawn?!'.  I will say it wasn't as bad as I would've expected - and I suspect I'll be making up for my lack-of-need-for-doctors-and-hospitals in the coming months.

3.  But, having 4 vials of blood drawn and then deciding to run a {very} hilly, trail 5k in 92 degree heat plus humidity was not one of my better decisions.  It was such a bad one that for the first time I didn't finish the race.  I did spend some time with one of my friends and former roommates, so it certainly wasn't time wasted.

4.  The Man has a new accessory - crutches :(.  He slipped on some wet pavement wrestled with a bear and felt something tear in his knee last night.  After trying to convince me that he could wait until Monday to have one of the PTs he works with look at it, and then not eating lunch because his stomach was upset from the pain, I decided he had a choice - Urgent Care or the ER.  We spent a couple of hours in the ER and it seems he's torn his ACL.  How severe of a tear won't be for sure until he has an MRI.  For now - it's crutches, ice, and Percocet.

5.  My dad came to sit with me and keep me company while I waited for Cliff.  I told him it wasn't necessary, but I did appreciate it.  I think he appreciated the excuse to watch golf instead of pull weeds (he convinced the receptionist to put golf on the TV in the waiting room).

6.  Mei Mei and Kali don't know it yet (mostly because if you say the word bath, Kali gets ridiculously excited), but they are both getting a bath this afternoon.  It's hot.  They're itchy.  So the three of us will be heading over to the local car wash to the Doggy Wash.  Too bad The Man's on crutches, I'm sure the pictures of this would be hilarious.

7.  Speaking of pictures, I have so many that need uploaded and edited.  Maybe if I say that next week's Quick Takes will be a picture edition I'll actually do it.  I guess we'll see, huh?

Have a great {rest of your} weekend and be sure to visit Jen for more Quick Takes!


5 comments:

  1. Ok, fill me in. Why are you having blood drawn? And yes..that was a silly move to go work out after the drawing. Take care of yourself!
    I'm sorry to hear about knee on Cliff. Hopefully you are a better nurse to him than I was to Hubs. Admittedly, I wasn't the nicest. I'm working on that....

    I have a computer again. ;) Yea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're 32?? woooooowwww. you're old!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your husband's knee. My DH did something similar but didn't tell me. It was months before he had it looked at and fixed. Good thing yours has you to look after him. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Sorry to hear about the knee problems; I hope it's not a full tear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope everyone is feeling better and having fun stay clean and cool.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.