7.21.2011

A New Road

Tomorrow is my last day at my current job.  The new job starts on Monday.  I am so excited and ready to start, and I admit it has been hard to focus on my current job.  The month that seemed so long a month ago has flown by and the 'last day' is finally here.  I've finished up most of what I wanted to and trained my replacement as well as I think I could have.  Ideally, the two of us would have been able to exist in a bubble for about 3 days and not get distracted by all of the daily happenings of a child care center, but obviously that didn't happen.

Starting Monday, I head down a new road that I didn't even see on the map a year ago.  This time last year, I was planning to give a presentation that I thought would pull me back into the world of education and deaf/hard of hearing children.  But on Monday, I will begin my job as Coordinator of Marriage and Family Life for the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.  And let me tell y'all, I am so. very. excited.

Is it a coincidence that I start during NFP Awareness Week, on the anniversary of Humanae Vitae?  I think not.

Many in my 'real life' have asked 'what will you be doing?'  An honest answer is that I'm not entirely sure.  I know I will be overseeing the marriage preparation program for the state.  But other than that, the path has not been set.  The goal of the position is to strengthen marriages and families in the state of West Virginia.  And while I don't have a degree in theology (though, I am praying about a Ph.D.), I do have experience working with lots of families, I have a degree in Child Development and Family Studies, and I have the training as an NFP Teacher.  I have a passion for strengthening families and helping others.

Oh, and I will be in a perfect position to ensure that when you google NFP and West Virginia you get something useful.

I know that this job is huge.  I know that I have much to learn.  I am humbled and honored to have been selected as the best candidate.  I pray for the guidance to provide what is needed to the families of West Virginia.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am beyond excited for you and for West Virginia!!!

    Email me and I can tell you more about the Marriage and Family Life activities here in Phoenix! Maybe there could be some good ideas exchanged, as we have some exciting stuff going on!

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just know you will be perfect for this job! It sounds like a challenge, but lots of fun too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congrats! That is amazing. :)

    I have a book I'd love to send you; it's the marriage prep book that our parish uses and which is (hopefully) going to be implemented diocese-wide. It's called One in Christ and it is phenomenal. I think you'd like it.

    The priest who wrote the program is really wonderful.

    I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you, and know you will do a wonderful job.
    Am also happy to talk to you about our parish's Pre-Cana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so exciting! I have many happy feelings in my heart about it for you and for the people you will serve!

    And truth be told...I'm just a teeny-tiny-teeny bit jealous (??) because that sounds like such an awesome job!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome and I'm so excited for you!!! I keep praying for strengthening of marriages in general and I'm excited that He's using you as a part of all this. :) I'll keep praying for that, and I'll be praying for you in this new job as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I'M psyched! :) Can't wait to hear how things go in the first few weeks!

    Wanna get your PhD with Moira and me? 0:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Congrats!!! This is so exciting! :) I am sure you'll be great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I'm so excited that you'll be able to make a difference in a meaningful way. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your diocese is so blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! That is very honorable work you are doing. Best wishes. It's wonderful you are interested in theology too. (I love the picture at the top of your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited for you... congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please email me more about upcoming events at your new job. I just moved to WV (Martinsburg) and I LOVE our new Diocese!

    abigail.b.benjamin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so excited about your new job! Dan and I married in WV and it seems like we were always having to go to Pittsburgh for everything we needed from the church (our marriage prep retreat, NFP materials, etc.). I'm so glad that you will be an in-state resource for all the WV Catholic couples. I know that you will do great things!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.