1. It was a bittersweet end of the day today. I'm excited about moving on and for my new job, but as I said goodbye it was a bit hard to wrap my mind around the fact that I won't be going back there on Monday. There are lots of reasons that I left, and the timing has changed about 15 times, but leaving a place that I've put so much of 'me' into is still a little hard.
2. One thing I won't miss is being a supervisor. Many will tell you that I was good at it, but I did not particularly enjoy it. Maybe it's because I care too much, or that I expect too much - I was accused of both - or maybe it's something entirely different. One way or another, it was my least favorite part of my job.
3. But oddly enough, being a supervisor was sometimes my most favorite part of my job. But I realized that I most enjoyed supervising when I was in fact teaching. I enjoyed planning and leading staff meetings and staff development trainings. I enjoyed modeling good practices for a teacher who was struggling. I am looking forward to continuing to teach others become stronger teachers and caregivers through my new job and through continuing to teach and provide trainings.
4. It's as hot here as it is across the rest of the country (I'm praying for an awesome thunderstorm sometime tonight.) But every time I start to want to complain, I remind myself of the fact that it could be gray and dreary and snowy AND that there are plenty of people who have it worse off than I do.
5. And then I saw this on a friend's Facebook status:
I was going to complain about how hot it is... then I realized that at least: 1.) it isn't 109 degrees; 2.) I'm not 5,700 miles from home; 3.) I'm not dressed in a full BDU uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs.; and 4.) there is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today! Thanks to all who serve!
And I was reminded that I'm blessed to be sitting here in front of a fan drinking a glass of wine.
6. My mom, my Nan, and I are going shopping tomorrow! It's been a few years since the three of us went shopping together. We used to go every year for my birthday, but we haven't for a while. Tomorrow we are on Mission: New Job Clothes! I've been wearing jeans or kahki's and t-shirts for the last 18 months and my feet are itching to get back into some cute high heels and dress clothes. Mom and I got a head start on Monday of this week - and I'm hoping we get as good of deals tomorrow as we did then (I got 4 - F.O.U.R. - 4 pairs of Gap pants for $23 total - they are usually $60 each!).
7. Be sure to visit Jen for more Quick Takes and have a great weekend!
Posted by Rebecca