6.07.2011

Two (Plus Two) for Tuesday

See!  This is why I needed to blog about this stuff.  Because I knew that y'all would make me feel better.  By the time I'd read all of your comments, I was even laughing at the level at which I was freaking out when I first saw St. Anne Line pop up as my Saint.

I appreciate the practical information as well as the gently stated 'seriously Rebecca, get over yourself' comments :).  Seriously, I needed to hear it, and y'all were so sweet about it.  I feel much better.

--------------------------------

I did finally suck it up and contact my doctor's office about scheduling an appointment, I totally took the chicken way out and used the online 'request an appointment' form, but I did put in the form that I needed some extra time to discuss in/sub-fertility.  *deep breath*

And I have a question, for those of you familiar with the FertilityCare Centers website, am I reading it correctly and seeing that there are teachers in WV, but not actual doctors?  It is kind of confusing.

--------------------------------

My girls:

--------------------------------

The Man:

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your appointment! I'm sure it will be scary, but hopefully they can find out some answers for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not looked at the section for WV, but it's not uncommon for a FertilityCare center to consist of practitioners (or one specific practitioner) but no doctors. It would be wonderful if we had NaPro clinics with doctors in every city, but right now that's not a reality. :( There are no doctors where I live currently. But the practitioners teach you Creighton and manage your case. Should you need a doctor, they will be able to write the referral letter to the doctor of your choice and get things rolling for you. Like many NaPro patients, you may have to see a doctor long-distance. We are currently switching to Dr. Hilgers in Omaha even though we are on the East Coast. Our practitioner helped coordinate that.

    If you are in WV perhaps you are not far from Camp Hill, PA? There is a great hospital there (Holy Spirit Hospital) with some fantastic NaPro doctors and surgeons. That is the program I am training with to become an FCP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I just realized the phrase "should you need a doctor" could come off as condescending... as if you don't already know what you need or want! That wasn't the intent. :) But yes, an FCP at a center will definitely be able to walk you through the process of accessing a NaPro doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the appointment. You just took the biggest and hardest step, I'm proud of you, it's not easy, I know. Remember, they are professionals and are there to help you, be open and honest! Call if you want/need moral support before going! Or, if a guy to guy conversation is needed between the men in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on taking that first scary step.
    Good thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck. I don't know what to say because I've not really had to deal with this kind of thing (obviously), and I don't want to say the "wrong" thing. So just know that I'm thinking of you, and that I'm wishing you guys well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know someone in Steubenville and one couple in Pgh who teach Creighton. I just happened on your blog a few months ago and thought I'd chime in... hope you don't mind. My husband and I have been Creighton users for 4 years now.

    cmcostain at hotmail dot com

    Blessings to you as you start this process.

    Oh and one last thing, a great podcast from The Catholics Next Door on itunes on Every NFP question you've ever had answered, or something like that. Great information on fertility/infertility, etc.

    God Bless,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm 2nding the referral for Dr S and the Camp Hill center in PA. I think you will LOVE the care you get there.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.