5.20.2011

Quick Takes

Please be sure to visit Jen for more Quick Takes!
1.  Last week, I had a collection of quotes in my head that I was planning to turn into a Quick Quotes edition of Quick Takes.  Then blogger went crazy and took my quotes with it.  Some of them were really good to, so I hope they come back.

2.  Apparently the world is ending tomorrow, at 6:00pm.  What will I be doing?  Recovering from running a 5K - hopefully with a glass of wine and a foot rub.  Not a bad way to go I guess.  Wait, is that 6:00pm Eastern Daylight Time?  Hmmmmm....

3.  Speaking of running a 5K, I've done 3 so far this season with #4 scheduled for tomorrow.  I've surprised myself at how well I'm doing.  Please don't misunderstand, I'm in no danger of winning any races or breaking any records, but I am finishing each race and getting a tiny bit faster each time.

4.  I've surprised myself so much that I'm going to run a 10K on the 4th of July.  In the middle of the afternoon.  It probably won't end up being my greatest plan ever - but I'm determined to cross the finish line with my running feet.

5.  As I was researching 10K training programs, I was pleased to find that most recommended some cross training at least once a week.  I'm looking forward to jumping back into the pool.  I have no excuse as to why I've not been swimming in so long, but it's time to quit being lazy and use my non-running days as swimming days.

6.  And, while I'm loving running and looking forward to swimming again starting Sunday, I'm also determined to lower the number on the scale.  I almost cried the other day when I weighed myself.  And all pictures taken of me lately make my stomach turn.  I have no one to blame but myself, so there will be no whinning, just running and swimming and not eating junk food.

7.  So since I'll be swimming and running, what are your favorite songs to work out to?  And since I'll be eating healthy, what are your favorite healthy quick snacks?

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Craig is running a 10K in a couple weeks. Funny as it is...a 10K is the one distance I have not ever raced...I have done 5K's half-marathons and a marathon and I've done 4-milers. But I have never done a 10K. I think I know what I'm doing after I have this baby!! :)

    I do not listen to music when I run. I'm weird (my husband says). But it's just something I haven't picked up. I sometimes listen to sports radio or Catholic Radio podcasts or just nothing.

    Good luck with the scale. I have such a love-hate relationship with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Rebecca, and nice to meet you. Keep on running. These days I have trouble walking the 5K, but I am determined to get back the ability (Achilles tendonitis).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the 5K's! And I know what you mean by the scale. I've been really active recently, but it turns out that the scale still goes the wrong direction when you eat a bunch of junk food (oh, Ben and Jerry's, how I do love and hate thee). I've never been much of a runner, though I do like it when I get into a routine. I just have to keep my mileage low, or my knees get mad.

    Also, apparently the world is ending in each time zone at 6 as 6 gets here. So I would think that part of the world should be ended as I type this... I think your plan sounded like a great one. I wish it would end a little sooner, because I think being out hiking would be a great place to be when the world ended!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, girl! :D
    A 10K??? Is that considered a half-marathon? (I'm showing my running ignorance, here!)
    I stepped on the scale the other day and didn't like what I saw, either. I'm definitely going to have to get into the walking/eating right routine this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeahh!!! [That's me cheering you on at the finish line!]

    Also, I think you're beautiful! Don't be so hard on your pictures.

    As for running songs? Anything with a good beat: Rhianna, Taio Cruz, Ke$ha...haha. I know, not the best music, but I try to pound the pavement everytime I hear the beat...it sets a good pace! :)


    Guiltless snacks are my fav! Have you heard of Hungry Girl recipes? http://www.hungry-girl.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.