|Please be sure to visit Jen for more Quick Takes!|
2. Apparently the world is ending tomorrow, at 6:00pm. What will I be doing? Recovering from running a 5K - hopefully with a glass of wine and a foot rub. Not a bad way to go I guess. Wait, is that 6:00pm Eastern Daylight Time? Hmmmmm....
3. Speaking of running a 5K, I've done 3 so far this season with #4 scheduled for tomorrow. I've surprised myself at how well I'm doing. Please don't misunderstand, I'm in no danger of winning any races or breaking any records, but I am finishing each race and getting a tiny bit faster each time.
4. I've surprised myself so much that I'm going to run a 10K on the 4th of July. In the middle of the afternoon. It probably won't end up being my greatest plan ever - but I'm determined to cross the finish line with my running feet.
5. As I was researching 10K training programs, I was pleased to find that most recommended some cross training at least once a week. I'm looking forward to jumping back into the pool. I have no excuse as to why I've not been swimming in so long, but it's time to quit being lazy and use my non-running days as swimming days.
6. And, while I'm loving running and looking forward to swimming again starting Sunday, I'm also determined to lower the number on the scale. I almost cried the other day when I weighed myself. And all pictures taken of me lately make my stomach turn. I have no one to blame but myself, so there will be no whinning, just running and swimming and not eating junk food.
7. So since I'll be swimming and running, what are your favorite songs to work out to? And since I'll be eating healthy, what are your favorite healthy quick snacks?
Have a great weekend!