1. I am very thankfully NOT in the airport this Friday. Our trip to Houston was great. I am still processing the whole thing, but I can tell you that it surpassed any expectation I could have had. Not only are we ready to get our first NFP Class Scheduled, but the entire trip was just incredible.
2. We did get to meet Alison! See? She made a sign for picking us up at the airport! I was so excited to actually be meeting her that I forgot to take a picture AT the airport.
3. Tomorrow, there is nothing on my calendar. Nothing. Can I just say how happy that makes me? I plan on spending some quality time with my PJs and finishing up my Bible in 90 Days Reading.
4. There will be more on this topic, but this morning it really started to sync in just how long 12 years is. That is how long I was on 'The Pill'. I will shout the NFP message from the rooftops if it prevents just one woman from ever being able to say the same thing.
5. We got some bad news today, it could have been much worse though and we are grateful that it's as good as it can be. Kali has a mass on her side and while she was at the kennel last weekend, we asked them to look at it and biopsy it if necessary. The did a needle aspiration biopsy and we got the results today. The results were in between worst and best case. It is not just a fatty cyst as we were hoping, but rather a malignant mass. It likely is contained to the location where it is, but to be sure on Tuesday Kali will go for a regular biopsy that will remove the entire mass, tissue 2 cm around it, and a needle aspiration of her lymph nodes to see if it has spread. It likely has not because she's not experiencing other symptoms. If you're not a dog (or pet) person, this may seem crazy, but please say a prayer that all the 'bad' is contained to this mass and will be removed on Tuesday.
6. As I'm sitting here contemplating a day ahead of nothing on my schedule, our Lost box set catches my eye. Sarah, I think you gave me the push I needed to start watching it again - thanks!
7. I've been so busy this week I know I've been neglecting my blog commenting - I've been doing a lot of reading on my phone and praying for you all. If there's something I missed that you'd like to share (with me and everyone else) leave a link in the comments :).
Have a great weekend and be sure to visit Jen for more Quick Takes.