4.12.2011

The Invisible World


I was given the opportunity to review The Invisible World: Understanding Angels, Demons, and the Spiritual Realities That Surround Us by Anthony DeStefano.  I was looking forward to reading this book, but as soon as it arrived, The Man made eyes at it that made it clear that he wanted to read the book.

So, being the awesome wife that I am, I offered to let him read it and do the review.  While he was reading, I would ask 'how is it?' and always got a positive reply.  And when I asked him 'would I like it?' (which is code for 'am I smart enough to understand this book, remember I work with children under 4?') the answer was a definite 'yes!'.  Both of those make me excited to finally get to read the book myself!

So, without further adieu, here is a review, by The Man, of The Invisible World.
The Invisible World is a much needed reminder of what's really important in today's busy life style. Some of these concepts are often out of reach for many people, Anthony Destefeno cleverly and clearly brings these ideas within everyone's reach.  The book is divided into good categories and comes together extremely well, building on each previous chapter.  His thoughts are well organized and using many analogies, metaphors, and personal experiences explains this intangible idea of an active spiritual world that constantly surrounds us.  If Christians really have faith in their teachings, than this book explains many of the consequences that follow, including sensational subjects like angel's, and demon's.  Even something as complicated as what we are made of is rendered in a manageable and organized way.  I've often stumbled over the understanding of  grace, but here it's a beautiful and moving experience which I hope to accomplish as much as I can.  Now, after reading The Invisible World, it's helped to open my eyes to this busy, struggle for Love and set aside some other worries that come from our physical existence.
Special thanks to The B & B Media Group for the free copy of the book.

And if you'd like a video sneak peak, here you go:


1 comment:

  1. I will have to pick that one up! Thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.