3.25.2011

Quick Takes

1.  The last time I blogged from the airport, I was headed to Texas.  More specifically I was headed to Dallas Texas.  Well, I'm blogging from the airport again, so that must mean I'm going to Texas again!  This time, I'm headed a bit further south to Houston.  When we get back next week, we will be NFP Instructors.

2.  AND we will have finally met Alison in person!  I'm so excited about this one that it deserves it's own take!  I think I 'met' Alison through Elizabeth and thinking, well, if a Pennsylvania girl can be taught NFP from a Texas girl, surely a WV girl can be too, right?  I never did ask how these two ladies know each other - ladies, how do you know each other?

3.  Well, since I wrote #2, I've found out that Mei Mei was not so well behaved at my mom and step-dad's house.  (She freaked out at being left alone, it didn't occur to me that this was going to be her first time every being totally alone.  She's always at least had Kali at home with her.)  She's been since relocated to the vet/kennel where Kali is and they say she is doing super well and was very happy to see her big sister.

4.  And since I wrote #2, I had a mini melt down in the Pittsburgh airport over the whole Mei Mei thing that distracted me from continuing on and then it was time to board our plane.  Soooo, now I am finishing up in Orlando where it is a much warmer 80 degrees.  It's too bad we can't go outside and enjoy the weather while we wait for our next flight.

5.  And frankly, I'm still a little distracted by wishing that I'd trusted my instincts and sent Mei Mei to the kennel to begin with.  Someday I'll learn.  Maybe.

6.  Since, I'm all distracted and The Man is trying to tell me all about his plans to go visit his friends, I think it's time to let it go and pay attention to him.

7.  Have a good weekend!  And be sure to visit Jen for more Quick Takes!

6 comments:

  1. Have a good week, fun with Alison and wave at Houston for me. I lived there for a couple of years during my husbands residency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip! I ran a half marathon in Houston in January 2008...it's a great town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, instructors. :) You may be just what I am looking for after the birth of this baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful weekend you have ahead! I admire you! Let us know how it goes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited that you got to meet Alison! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.