3.16.2011

One More Year

That's the decision that The Man and I made.  When looking at the options as to what to do regarding my current job situation, we decided that I would stay one more year.  My replacement has been hired as an Assistant Director and will be trained as Director while she finishes up her degree over the next year.

It isn't the way I thought this would all turn out in October when I started making plans to change careers (again).  But, it is a good decision.  It ensures that the countless hours of hard work I have put in to effect change will have the best chance to continue, while giving me time to figure out exactly what direction I want to take.  It will also ensure a consistent paycheck for the next year.  While I was determined to do whatever I needed to do to make the income that we need, I will say I do feel a sense of relief over knowing that there won't be stress about this.

I do feel that there is more change that God is calling me to effect.  That there is a part of this 'fight' that is mine to fight.  And while I won't be working with children with hearing loss full time, I will still be working with some and I will be continuing to explore the options that are available to me.

No, it's not the road I expected to be turning down, but I do like where it seems to be heading.  It is just one more stretch on this road home.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your decision and finding a replacement director.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's brave, Rebecca! not instant gratification, but peace in the long run. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that you have to wait longer to live the next step, but glad that you have figured out how to make the transition work out for the best.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.