1. It is starting to sink in that football season is really over. That means a winter of sorts has started for me. I just can't seem to fall in love with baseball. Maybe it's the fact that I am a Pirates fan. Yes, that makes sense.
2. I am learning to love basketball. I am a little worried I may love it into an early grave as it is not proving to be any easier to be a WVU Basketball fan than it is to be a WVU Football fan. *sigh*
3. I had one interview last week and will have two coming up next week. Not interviews that I am going on, but that I am conducting. Interviews for the person who will take my job. It is an interesting dynamic. What is the best interview question that you have ever asked or been asked?
4. I caught up a on my Bible in 90 Days reading this week and I'm so glad I did. That Queen Esther was a pretty awesome lady! And Job?!?! Wow. Hearing of him and actually reading of him are two totally different things! Now we are into Psalms and I love how they are broken down into what the Psalm was written as a prayer for. I have realized that I will not be able to read the books of the Apocrypha AND stay on schedule, so I've decided I will read through without reading those books and then I will go back and read them at the end.
5. A second thought on the Bible in 90 Days. I've been loving my Ignatius Bible for my Kindle, but when I got behind, I was glad that I had kept my New Century Version Women's Devotional Bible, Becoming. While I know it isn't a Catholic Bible, it is written in plain, everyday English and made reading through Job so much easier! When I got my New Catholic Answers Bible, I had started to put the other in a stack of books to go to the used book store here in town, but something told me to just hang on to it. I have yet to find a Catholic Bible written in such simple language, so I think I will continue to hang on to this bible for those times when I need a simpler version. (It's either that, or get a children's bible.)
6. I'm happy to say that I'm on my way to my next 5k! Sara and I started the Couch to 5k program again this week, finishing up Week 1 last night. When we headed out for our run it was 18 degrees. As cold as it was, I'm so glad we went. We'll be rewarded with warmer days this weekend! I'm committed to running a 5K in about 8 weeks, and then starting to train for a 10K.
7. Finally, there will be some changes around here next week. Some BIG changes. Like new web address and new look changes! I'm so excited I'm nearly bursting. These changes have been a long time coming and I'm so pleased with how they turned out. Kelsey has once again outdone herself, and to thank her, I will be doing a giveaway and one of you will win a blog makeover!
Have a great weekend and be sure to visit Jen for more Quick Takes!
Posted by Rebecca