2.25.2011

Quick Downs


I was going to write 7 Quick Quotes today, BUT...

The Big East Football Schedule came out today, so I'm going to talk Mountaineer Football instead.  We'll call it 7 Quick Downs.  Except there's no such thing as 7th down (or 5th or 6th for that matter).  Anyway...

1.  We open the season against Marshall.  Gulp.  Not gonna lie.  With a brand new offense on our end and a head coach that knows our defense on their end I'm a little nervous about this.  Anyone else?

2.  We only have 1 Thursday night game.  Away.  In December.  This is strange.

3.  We play Pitt at home.  On Friday.  The day after Thanksgiving.  This is not strange.  In fact I will look forward to this Friday from today until then.

4.  I have my fingers crossed that our home game against Louisville on Nov. 5 gets moved to Thursday night (best case) or is at noon (worst case).  My cousin is getting married that day in Pittsburgh and it would not go over well with my Aunt/Godmother to not be at her son's wedding.  (My cousin, on the other hand, would completely understand.  He and his fiance picked this date around the Penn State football schedule!)

5.  Notice the use of 'we' and 'our' in speaking of the schedule.  Maybe someone should make it clear to me that *I* do not actually play in the games.  Or maybe not.  It might not end so well for that person.

6.  We are changing up who we order our season tickets through this year.  Typically my uncle (who works for WVU) orders our tickets for us, but I don't want him to feel obligated to do so every year.  So, we decided to ask my brother to order our tickets for us this year (he is able to order through his company for immediate family).  There are about 10 3 different scenarios that could play out as far as where we actually end up sitting.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for seats in the same section we are in and either the row we are in or a few rows back.  If you only knew how much changing seats stresses me out.  I like my seats around 'my people' and not knowing exactly where we will end up freaks me out just a little a lot.

7.  The announcing of the fall schedule is like a little glimmer of hope in the midst of 'pitchers and catchers report'.  Now to just make it through baseball season.  I'd say I was hopeful the Pirates might end the year with a winning season, but we all know I'd be lying!

Have a great weekend, be sure to visit Jen for more Quick Takes, AND of course - Let's GOOOOO Mountaineers!!!!


4 comments:

  1. #5- Please. We all know the integral part that we the fans play in these games. They couldn't do it without us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no doubt you could at least coach any of the players down there! :D
    One of my brothers has UT season tickets, and it was neat when we used them to see how they became "friends" with the people sitting around them. Here's hoping our season goes better this year...I don't think it could get any worse than this past one!
    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for "following" me!

    I'm a Florida State alumni/fan, so we won't have a conflict there since we're in different conferences :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh with how closely you really watch your teams. :) The schedules are already out? No idea. But then again, I don't have season tickets like you either...I have far too many people to either buy for or constantly find a babysitter for. That's too much work!

    I hope you get your seats, or the row, or the section.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.