2.07.2011

Monday Mumbles

Mumbling with TOOJE today.

1.  I really need to find a hobby that does not involve me being completely stressed out over something that I have absolutely NO control over (no matter how much I think my little rituals matter).  Exhibit A:  the Super Bowl.  I snapped at my mom and had to bite my tongue (literally) to keep from yelling at an acquaintance who kept trying to make me feel better.  Exhibit B:  my stomach is already in a ball of knots anticipating tip-off of the WVU-Pitt basketball game tonight.

2.  My brother was one of the people whose tickets was in a section deemed 'unsafe' by the Arlington, TX fire marshal.  Bad.  He was a single, so he ended up sitting in a Club Level seat on the 45 yard line.  Good Awesome.  An hour or so after the game was over, I asked him how it was, excepting of course the final score.  He answered in one word:  Incredible.

3.  We are more than 1/3 of the way through the Bible in 90 days.  I'm a couple of days behind right now, but I read that the book of Esther is today's reading, so I'm determined to catch up.  I've never read Esther, but I've heard so much about it that I'm very much looking forward to it!  What are your favorite books/stories/passages etc. in the bible?

4.  I'm freezing.  It's not even close to as cold as it's been, but I am almost shivering.  I love living where we have four distinct seasons.  I enjoy the snow.  I'm ready for Spring.  I think I said this recently.

5.  While the Steelers didn't win last night, I'm excited to say that having a house full of people was just the motivation I needed to finally move the last of the boxes out of my dining room and ask The Man to hang some things up.  Now I need to invite someone to come hang out in our office-that-is-also-a-closet/dressing room, so that I can get motivated to organize it once and for all.

6.  Much like TOOJE, I don't have a full set of 10 mumbles for today.  I really do need to get some work done!  Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. This year I really didn't have a horse in the race (though my priest is from Wisconsin), but I know the feeling from two years ago when the Cardinals lost a very close Super Bowl. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some mumbling is always better than none. :) It relieves some things and brought you from Super Bowl grumbling to happy thoughts about decorating. See how cathartic mumbling can be? Now if only I felt the same way about dishes....

    ReplyDelete
  3. No horse in the race here...so I didn't care who won/lost. I did like the game though...it was a very entertaining game! I did not like National Anthem botching and I heard I didn't miss much by missing halftime show (we were at Mass and got home for entire second half).

    Love the mumbles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told myself I really didn't care, but found myself cheering for the Packers. Sorry. I didn't mean to cheer for anyone, it just happened. Hate that your brother didn't get to sit in the seat he had a ticket for. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca, I've said it many times, but I'll say it again: I really just love how into sports you are. Does your husband know what a gem of a woman you are?! ;)

    Bible books: I like Esther. I guess I'm more of a New Testament girl, though, because the books coming to mind are Romans, John's letters... Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To your #1...I know what you mean about getting too 'emotionally invested!' I worked with our University's basketball team for four years and for the first two years I would get SO invested in each win and lost, it really took it out of me and I wasn't even playing! By the fourth year I had distanced myself...I guess I was too jaded! I hope you find something else that you can have control over!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.