2.01.2011

For Today

For Today, February 1, 2011...A glimpse into my day, just an ordinary day.

Outside my window...gray skies and melting snow.

I am thinking...that waking up 12 minutes before I'm supposed to leave is not the best of ideas.  I was only 5 minutes late though.

I am thankful for...my Kindle.  Seriously. I ♥ it!

From the kitchen...for lunch:  hot dogs, baked beans, and fruit.  (I work in a child care center, remember?)

I am wearing...kahki's and a blue sweater.

I am creating...a list of things I have to do before our Super Bowl party on Sunday.

I am going...to teach Rite of Christian Initiation for Children at our church tonight.  It is my favorite ministry.

I am reading...The Bible in 90 Days and Drowning Ruth and The Power of a Praying Wife


I am hearing...the clicking of computer keys from the other office.

Around the house...I would imagine there are 3 sleeping animals there.

One of my favorite things...wine.  Specifically this wine.

A few plans for the rest of the week...WVU Basketball tomorrow, Faith Group on Thursday, and the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing...


5 comments:

  1. You should do a kindle post... :) I hear such lovely things, but still think- I LOVE BOOKS!!!!!!! I think I'd find myself "trying out" a book on the Kindle, then buying a hard copy. Do you find yourself tempted to do this?

    Have fun at your super bowl party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...Riesling is my favorite, too! Also, how cool to be involved in RCIC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Terrible Towel....my late uncle was a huge Steelers fan. I think he jumped with the Steelers in the 60s/70s and my dad went Raiders at that same time. When they met through their wives (my mom and her sister), they got along well. I always think it was football that made it so. :) Therefore I have a soft spot for your black and yellow black and yellow black and yellow.....

    Good luck Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wine sounds wonderful. I'm going to have to try to figure out if I can get some around here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I clicked on your wine link, I was positive it was going to take me to something from Forks of Cheat =). We like the wines that are a little on the sweet side (which is everything Forks of Cheat makes!), so we sure miss them out here where dry is the name of the game.

    We'll have to see if we can order some of that Riesling, though. It sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.