2.16.2011

Dress Yourself in Love

Come dress yourself in love, let the journey begin. 
~Francesca da Rimini 

Sarah introduced me to Betty, who asked about wedding dresses.  I'm not a decorator and I'm certainly no fashionista.  Give me a pair of black pants and a sweater and I'm good to go.  I remember being excited to go wedding dress shopping, but feeling a little disappointed with the whole process.  Yes, I'd found a dress I liked, but when I saw the photos I was completely disappointed.  What I wanted (strapless) was not going to work for me.

Many magazines later, I found the dress I knew was for me.  And many phone calls (and a favor from a friend of my Nan's) later, it was being ordered for me to try on.

It wasn't what I pictured, but I loved it.  At the end of our wedding day I remember not wanting to take it off, I'd never felt 'attached' to clothing before.  But this dress was different.





9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress! Excellent choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful dress! And I think you're right...it was perfect for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful dress. You should be proud of it.

    Great photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, I actually love the sleeves! I was torn between getting a strapless dress and getting one with sleeves that were just off the shoulder like that - I think I would've gone with the sleeves, but there weren't any to be found! Glad you found one for yourself! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, I actually love the sleeves! I was torn between getting a strapless dress and getting one with sleeves that were just off the shoulder like that - I think I would've gone with the sleeves, but there weren't any to be found! Glad you found one for yourself! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sleeves too! You look like a princess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the others!

    It sounds like your dress hunt was as un-fun as mine, but with a great result! Do you still have it?

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.