1.01.2011

Two for 2011

I only have a couple of resolutions for this year, not because there isn't a very long list of things I'd like to work on, but because I feel like focusing on these two will help keep everything else in perspective.

1.  To read the Bible in 90 days.
   I'll be starting this one on Monday and participating in a group hosted by Mom's Toolbox.  I'm assuming that the readings will not be assigned using a Catholic Bible, but I will be reading using one.  That said, my goal is to not get behind, even when it means extra reading for me.  I've never read most of the bible, so I'm looking forward to doing this.  My intent is not to do it just so I've said I've done it, but to truly study and learn as I go.  I feel like I grew in my Catholic Faith in 2010, but I know my scripture knowledge is very limited.  I look forward to where this start to 2011 will take me.

2.  To run a 10K (and to not stop running right after I do it).
  I'd love to put run a marathon or 1/2 marathon here, but I'm not sure my knees or attention span could hold out for that long.  I am sure that both can make it about the hour or so that a 10K takes.  The obvious reason would be to get in (and stay in) better shape physically, but exercise is so good for my spiritual shape as well.  Now that we are a 2-car family again, I can return to the gym on my schedule and I'm looking forward to that.  With my Kindle (that I've already downloaded a Catholic Bible onto), I'm hoping I can do some 'killing 2 birds with one stone'!

What are your plans/resolutions for 2011?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like great resolutions! I love Scripture, so I get really excited when people take an interest in getting to know it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dust off those running shoes, my dear! As soon as I get cleared for exercise it's on! My feet are aching for the pavement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolutions, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Practically: More reading ~ less surfing the TV

    Spiritually: Dying to self & loving without limits, the time while my children are tiny is demanding but brief ~ am going to focus on living this season with less anger

    Great resolutions, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would so join you for both of these!!! Love the running, but I need to study Scripture more, too! :-) Prayers for a successful start to 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got myself a new Bible so Bible-reading is on my list- I know my Bible well, but not chapter and verse.

    My practical resolution is to make dinner when I make breakfast (does that make sense?)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.