12.31.2010

Quick Year in Review

This time last year I was focusing on the good while honoring the not-so-good that had been 2009.  Little did I know just how much 2010 would hold (do we ever?).  So, what did 2010 hold?

1.  The end of birth control and the start of NFP.  What a difference - not only in my physical health, but in my spiritual health and marriage.  Alison, I'm so grateful for you and Mike and your willingness to be creative in teaching us.  I pray that in 2011, we meet and I'm not only saying thank-you but also congratulations.

2.  Moving day!  While it didn't happen until much later in 2010, moving out of our {tiny} one bedroom apartment into a house once again.  It is only one example of how we feel like our lives got out of neutral and into drive again.

3.  Speaking of drive, 2010 held a lot of car drama for us.  As of about 10 minutes ago though, hopefully the car drama is done for a while.  The Man just traded our VW for a new Ford and we are now not only a 2-vehicle family again, but a 2-under warranty-vehicle family again!  Yes, this does mean we have 2 car payments again, but it wasn't the car payments that were causing us stress, it was all of the repair costs.

4.  Running a 5K for the first time ever!  While I'm sure when I played sports in high school I ran at least a 5K a couple of times a week, this was the first time I ever ran a 5K all at once just to run it.  I'm considering raising the bar a little bit in 2011.

5.  I can't say I'm excited about how 2010 started OR ended as it relates to football.  January 1, 2010 marked a Mountaineer loss in the Gator Bowl and December 28, 2010 marked a loss in the Champs Sports Bowl.  But right smack in the middle was the hiring of  new Athletic Director Oliver Luck, and 2011 is promising to be exciting at the very least.

6.  I gained another sister in 2010 when my brother got married!  I know have 5 sisters-in-law and will someday, God-willing, get one more.  I only knew brothers growing up and I'd much rather talk football than shop, but this sister-thing is pretty great.

7.  Finally, we added another pup to our family.  Mei Mei has turned out to be the perfect name for her, as she is all things 'little sister' - as endearing as can be one minute and a complete pest the next.  I'm still in a bit of shock that Kali loves her as much as she does, but I'm ever so grateful for it!

Happy New Year friends!

6 comments:

  1. I love your takes! Especially number 1 :)

    Have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you & the Man a blessed and Happy New Year!
    I couldn't believe that UT lost the same way 2 times this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.