12.03.2010

Quick Quotes

Jennifer hosts 7 Quick Takes every week at Conversion Diary and this week I came across Anne's Quick Takes in which she does 7 Quick Quotes and I liked her idea, so I'm doing it too.

So, here you go, 7 quotes that are especially special to me.  (Anne's are much more eloquent, I promise!).

1.  Out beyond ideas of right doing and wrong, doing there is a field.  I will meet you there.  ~Rumi
I love, love, love this quote.  If we would all just stop trying to be so right and start really listening to one another...

2.  It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.  ~Albus Dumbledore
Actions truly do speak louder than words.  Spend a day working with a classroom full of children and this will become (sometimes painfully) clear.

3.  It's a great day to be a Mountaineer, wherever you may be.  ~Tony Caridi
Does this one really need an explanation?

4.  Feel the fear, and do it anyway.  ~Susan Jeffers
I first heard this quote during my time as a Party.Lite consultant and it was used as a motivational tool to not procrastinate the things that we didn't like/want to do.  I used it in my business, but have used it in the rest of my life even more so.  From giving up a job I loved, to going back into the 'regular' work force, to  most recently making a change back to what I love to do.  I don't think fears should be completely ignored, because they can save us to some degree, but I do think that we shouldn't let fear paralyze us.

5.  Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'  ~Mary Anne Radmacher
I've written about this quote, and what it has meant to me, before.  It is a beautiful reminder that courage takes many shapes and sizes and that I need to take time to listen for others' whispers of courage.

6.  There is a time for everything, and a season for everything under Heaven.  ~Ecclesiastes 3:1
This verse got me through some tough times.  And it still reminds me during times of winter, that spring will come.  But, it also reminds that during times of summer, fall will follow.  Not in a depressing way, but that life will ebb and flow, to enjoy the summers, but also to find beauty in the winters.

7.  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference.  ~Robert Frost
I don't always do things the way I *should*.  Sometimes I take the scenic route and get right back where I would've gone, and other times I find my own path.  It used to bother me that I was different from those around me.  But one of the best things about blogging is realizing that I'm not so strange.  My most recent topic of Just Cause really hit this point home.  You are all so amazing, I wish my family were as supportive.  Thank-you.  From the bottom of my heart.  Thank-you.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! #7 has always been one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good idea! I like #4. I need to push myself harder sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.