12.01.2010

Free Christmas Cards from Shutterfly!

I saw other bloggers posting about getting 50 Free Christmas Cards from Shutterfly for writing about their site and products and I'll admit at first I thought it was too good to be true.  But, with a quick visit over to Shutterfly I found that it was indeed true!

I wasn't sure if we were even going to do Christmas cards this year just because it seemed an expense that wasn't absolutely necessary (even if it is fun!).  But, given the opportunity to receive 50 FREE cards I decided that the postage was definitely worth it.  Photo cards are my favorite type of cards to receive, and to send as well.

I've narrowed it down to 4 cards that I like from Shutterfly's Christmas Photo Card Collection:

The first one is simple, and though I wouldn't have set out to find a black Christmas card, I do really like it.

The next one alludes to one of my favorite verses, but might be a bit too fancy for me.  I'll have to upload our pictures and see if that helps a little bit.

The third one has the same basic theme as the second, but a totally different look to it:

And finally, one more twist on faith, hope, and love (though I would go with Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays):

Of course I will have to upload our photos into each one before making my decision, but even just posting them here has helped me to pick a favorite.  We'll see if that one ends up being 'the' one.

As I was looking for cards, I noticed that you can also make photo calendars that are perfect for on a desk.  The Man has a picture of Kali in his treatment room that he says people ask about all of the time, maybe a calendar to show off a new picture every month would look nice in there as well.  Especially since there is a new pup to show off.

What do you typically send for Christmas cards?  What do you most like to receive?

5 comments:

  1. I am definitely looking into this. 50 free cards? Definitely worth it. And I actually like the black and white one myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m going to do what I did last year and that is create a Christmas letter on my Mac. There are great templates in my Pages program. And with a budget, it saves me the stamps and the card price.

    I like the black and white one. It's clean and easy to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped sending cards a few years ago. I always feel a little guilty throwing the ones I get in the recycle bin after I take them down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and white one. Classy.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.