10.12.2010

I Wish I Had Pictures

Well, I do have pictures, I just can't get to them at this moment.

I know I promised a post on Sunday about my brother's wedding, but instead of blogging, I got caught up in a fantastic game of Laser Tag with my brother and the rest of the wedding party/guests as we enjoyed an evening out the night before the wedding.

So a recap, without pictures, it will be.  (The SD Card Reader is still in its 'safe' place from our move, so the pictures are stuck on the camera.)

We arrived home about this time last night from a fantastic weekend in Texas.

On Saturday, the awesome staff at the restaurant where the rehearsal luncheon was held making sure that we not only got to watch the WVU-UNLV football game but also got SOUND!  (Seriously, they changed their rules so about 15 WVU die-hards could listen to the commentary, it was much appreciated (more on that later)).  Also on Saturday, the Mountaineers pulled out a great win.

On Sunday the day started with up-dos and mimosas; was followed-up with photos and dancing; and ended with a certain newlywed couple's car being wrapped tightly in Saran Wrap.

My little brother is a married man.  And I'm so happy for him I spent most of Saturday wiping tears from my eyes.  I didn't even cry that much at my own wedding.  Maybe it's because 6 1/2 years later I have a better understanding of what marriage is.  Whatever it was, the beauty of the events of Saturday kept bringing tears of joy to my eyes.

The entire day seemed to go perfectly - the bride was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the fun was overflowing.

I don't know if M and J read here, but if they did, I would thank them for an amazing weekend and wish them more years than they can count of happiness.  Their wedding day is one that will be etched in my memory as one of the best ever.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful. I cried at all of my siblings' weddings. alot. Especially the sister who follows me immediately in birth order. It was kind of surreal.

    So happy for your family! Congratulations to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect weekend! :) So glad you were able to be there to celebrate. Congrats to the newlyweds.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.