8.27.2010

A Big Ol' Mess of Nothingness

It's Friday.  Thank God!

Normally I would do Friday Fragments and link up with Jen's Quick Takes, but frankly, I'm feeling tired and lazy so it's gonna be an unorganized jumble o' stuff today.

Where to begin?  Maybe with the best thing that happened to me all week:  Yesterday (Thursday) at about 1:00 pm, I was informed that it was, in fact, Thursday and NOT Wednesday as I had thought all day.  What a pleasant surprise!

Next up...due to the insanity of my work schedule this week I have neglected a couple of things:
1)  Thank-you Michelle for the High Hopes Award!
This one is easy, all you have to do is blog about the award and pass it on!  So, Michelle, thank-you so much for this award, I am grateful (though my tardiness in posting about it doesn't show it).
I shall pass this award on to Young Mom at Permission to Live and Rae at No Wealth But Life & Catholic Life.

2)  A million weeks (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but it's been a while), Mary tagged me for a Meme about my favorite Catholic Devotional Prayers.  I can't say I have a lot of experience in this area, if I ever get a chance I'm going to read the choices of the others in hopes of learning some.  I find when I am 'stuck' and don't know what to pray for or I feel like this life is hard and unfair I tend to say The Lord's Prayer, the Hail Mary, and recite the scripture from my header repeatedly.  I know none of those are exactly earth shattering, but they are what get me through.

Mary, thank-you for tagging me in this Meme and instead of tagging others, I will just ask those of you who have made it this far in the randomness of today - What is your favorite Devotional prayer?

Let's see, what's next?  Oh yes, I am so excited about this morning.  I can't tell you why because it hasn't happened yet and it deserves its own post, but I can assure you it's football related!

And finally, a new adventure.  Kali (my pup), while cute and well-trained, is not always the friendliest pup on the block.  She has a personal space radius of about 3 feet in each direction and is pretty protective of me.  I admit, it is mostly my fault that she does not play well with others and that I have frequently said I would rather have a well-behaved dog that listens and doesn't play well with others than a dog who is super friendly and chews up all my stuff.  I stand by that, but I also feel like she is missing out on doggy-fun.  She wants to play with other dogs so badly, but it just doesn't work out for her.  So, we are going to be working with a Dog Behaviorist to see if she I can't learn how to relax.  Truly, I know this is mostly my issue, she does TONS better when I'm not around, and since I know I'm she's a smart girl, I'm confident we will be successful and heading to the dog park to play in no time!  Stay tuned...

Have a great weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I want to hear about this dog training! Why didn't we talk about that last night, lol! Thanks for last night, it was much needed and what are you excited for this morning? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful weekend too! Good luck with the Dog Behaviorist...I wonder if they make those for children as well? I suppose they call them therapists, but I tend to not go for those...I prefer to just label the kid as "bad" instead of some label they'd slap on him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the dog! We've never had a dog that was super protective; I can see how it would be a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry, I thought I had commented before. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.