1. Monday's post and your comments gave me a lot to think about. I feel like sometimes I take 2 steps backwards in my process of dealing with my parents' divorce. I'm sure some of you are thinking "geesh, it's been 22 years, get over it." And there is a piece of me that thinks that too. What makes that hard for me is that I don't think I ever dealt with it then. Not once do I remember anyone ever asking about how I was doing or talking to me about it. I was the 'tough' one and the 'together' one, so clearly, I was fine. I am just grateful for The Man. He doesn't understand, can't really (his parents are still married), yet he supports me and challenges me in a way that heals me.
2. Nicole, Mike, and Sara are coming tomorrow! We are daring to have overnight company in our tiny one-bedroom apartment, and I am actually looking forward to it. I can't imagine better friends to share a cramped space with. On Saturday we are off to the Pittsburgh Zoo. I love the zoo, especially the elephants.
3. The Man and I are trying to make a decision about our apartment and how much longer we will call it home. I'm not gonna lie, it's tiny 'round here, but the thought of moving makes my heart beat too fast and my stomach feel like it's gonna jump out of my body. The last time we moved, The Man moved 6 months before I did and I got to pack an entire 3 bedroom house up by myself. Then, when we moved into our apartment, The Man was out of town for a friend's wedding (I was supposed to go but couldn't handle leaving all of the boxes) so I got to unpack it all too. So, if we move, I will be out of town that weekend.
4. I just realized I never told y'all what we did for our anniversary. We had planned a low-key evening at home, but while The Man was out working a Health Fair in the morning, I decided to search for a new place to go out to eat. A restaurant The Man had been wanting to try popped up and I clicked over to see if they had a sample menu online. Much to my surprise, I discovered that they were having dinner-and-a-movie night. They set up the banquet room as a dinner theater and show a movie while you eat a 3-course dinner. The movie was Dinner Rush and the food was delicious (I have pictures and will post them sometime this year). We both loved it and are looking forward to going the next time they do it!
5. I was really hoping with all of the conference shuffling going on in the NCAA that maybe WVU's new athletic director would decide to join the SEC as his first official act of business. That obviously didn't happen and when reading an ESPN article earlier I've decided I'm okay with that for now. The Big East remained intact, and ultimately that is a good thing. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out over the next few years.
6. There are 78 days (or 77 days and some number of hours by the time you read this - check the counter on my upper right side bar for exact time) left until football season starts for WVU. Which means there are even less days until practice starts and we get actual football-related news again! I know most of you care less about football, and I'd promise to keep it to a minimum, but we all know I'd be lying!
7. I might be crazy, but I'm feeling up for another Can of Worms post. Any specific topic you'd be interested in chatting about?
For more Quick Takes, please go visit Jen and have a great weekend!
Posted by Rebecca