5.28.2010

Friday Fragments

Hold on tight, because these are all over the place:

1.  Thank-you so much for all of the great information about discussing NFP with my new Doctor's office! The good news is that my friend Kate also goes to the doctor and is an NFP-user; she assures me they are very supportive.  Yay!

2.  99 more days!!!!  That's less than 100 (yep, I've got mad math skillz)!!!  Until the first WVU Football game of 2010!  Let's GOOOO Mountaineers!

3.  I am very behind on reading your blogs.  I have no good reason, but I plan to catch up this weekend!

4.  I have some awesome new reading material - The New Catholic Answer Bible.  Thank-you Kate!  I LOVE it!

5.  It's hard to be a boss.  Yesterday, I had to explain to someone that yes, I believed she was giving 100% and trying her best, but that it still wasn't working out.  I am sad for her and when I said I wished her the best, I truly meant it.  Truly the hardest thing I've had to do in my job.

6.  It seems that there is going to be a change of plans (or rather a timeline change of plans) for The Man's return to school.  I know that there is a reason for this.  I'm just so disappointed and I feel a little bit like maybe, somehow, this is my fault.  That once again, I've counted my chickens before they hatched, and that I again have to be given an opportunity to learn that it's not about my timing.  You'd think as much as I cling to the scripture under my header, I'd have figured this out by now.  Clearly I have not.

7.  What are your plans for the weekend?  We are headed to a first birthday party for The Man's friend's son on Saturday and then a picnic at my Dad's on Monday.  I'm on dessert duty.  I love dessert duty, but am for some reason coming up blank.  Any suggestions for a yummy Memorial Day dessert?

Have a great weekend and please go visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes/Fragments.

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your doctor's office will be supportive! And how exciting to have a new study Bible!

    For dessert, how about a fruit pizza, or somehow using strawberries and blueberries to make a flag-shaped brownie? Summer always seems like the right time to try to sneak fruits into desserts to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no bake strawberry pie! so easy -- graham cracker crust, fill with vanilla (or chocolate) pudding, and sliced strawberries on the top. Put in the fridge for like an hour, and dessert is served!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your dr. is informed about NFP and is supportive! I know that's a big weight off of your shoulders!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for good news. Boo for sad news.

    I'm way behind in blogs, too... life has just somehow imploded.

    I'm going to agree with strawberry pie for dessert, although we're taking mint oreo brownies to our Memorial Day volleyball/cookout/awesomeness with our college students (Bri and I work with them at church). :)

    Happy weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww, I miss football season! it's good to know we're back in the double-digit-countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a really tough week. I hope that this weekend is fun and refreshing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've sort of been on your side of #5 before. It really isn't fun at all! It wouldn't be so bad if they were really slacking or something, but if it's just not working out because it's not... yuck! Not a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love dirt dessert for this time of year... fun and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for a new Bible! Those are so refreshing, it's like getting a new novel, only better!

    #6. Been there. Far more times than I have fingers and toes to count. When will we ever learn?!

    Dessert- All the suggestions sounded yummy! Sooo, I got nothin'. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.