3.08.2010

Reminded

This time last year, I had no idea the storm that was about to surround me.

Sure, there were rumblings of thunder in overdraft fees and bills we were struggling to pay.

And, winds starting to blow as I lacked passion for my work.

But I had no idea.

And as the storm raged throughout the summer, there was the doubt and guilt that I shouldn't be feeling the way I was.  What was really wrong in my life?  I was healthy; in a strong marriage; with a job.  Nothing compared to what others in my life were facing.  Suddenly there was lightening and pelting rain.

And prayer.  More prayers than I've ever prayed in my life.

Now, there is a peace.

And prayer.  Prayers of praise.

God is good.  He was good a year ago.  He was good throughout my storm.  And He continues to be good.

I have learned and grown so much.

And Sunday during Mass, I made a point to pray a prayer of praise and gratitude.  And I made a mental note to write my praise here.

Life happened and I forgot.

And tonight I was reminded.  And given a new perspective.  And reminded of my closing thoughts from late summer.

So, today, I am grateful for the calm in the storm.  But, I am also grateful for the storm itself.  And in the next season of rain, I will pray for rain.

What in your life are you grateful for?  What in your life are you grateful for, that may be causing you pain?

5 comments:

  1. What a great post. I'm guilty of forgetting to thank God for being there when I need Him. How wonderful that He's never turned His back on us, even though we take Him for granted at times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of the rain today; my soul is filling saturated. I see the many graces from the rain and I thank God for them, but it hurts and I really, really want it to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you allow the Holy Spirit to speak through your writing. I'm most grateful for my family and friends, and I gues, living apart from them, even though painful, is a blessing because it helps me appreciate who they are to me!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sitting in the ER today with my "baby" and a split bloody lip, my Pastor friend from church came. Though Eric and my mom were there, this meant the world... God was there and he was the reminder! For that, I'm thankful. For the stitches, well, a little rain must fall. He too will heal and still by my beautiful boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm grateful that we finally found a good church to attend. :o)

    p.s. thanks for the b-day wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.