2.15.2010

Suffering

**Updated to say:  Please go visit Angie and rejoice with her!  God is good.  He was good yesterday.  And had we not been rejoicing He would still be good.  But today, we rejoice.**

I am sick.

I have a nasty cold and possibly strep throat (my self diagnosis, not a doctor's - yet).

My eyes are burning - to the point of not being able to wear my contacts today.

My nose is red and sore from coming in contact with some many tissues.

And sneezing?  Let's just say I told the ladies at work they didn't have to say 'Bless you' anymore.

As I sat here, wallowing in my suffering; literally coming to tears with joy because we have chicken noodle soup in the house, I realized that I am not suffering.

My friend Angie is suffering.

I have a cold.

I wil be fine.

And right now, I am praying that Angie will be fine too.

I am praying to Jesus to offer my suffering up for Angie.

Dear Jesus,
Please be with Angie and her family this weekend.  Give her strength to be away from her babies and husband; and give them strength to be away from her.  Thank-you for blessing her with family and friends who step in and care for her family while she is weakened.  And God, let it be your will that she is healed.
Amen.

I am praying to St. Perigrine to intercede on Angie's behalf:

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called "The Mighty", "The Wonder Worker" because of the numerous miracles which you obtained from God for those who have turned to you in their need. For so many years, you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being.  You turned to God when the power of human beings could do no more, and you were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His cross to heal your affliction. I now ask God to heal these sick persons whom I entrust to you:

Angie
Aided by your powerful intercession, I shall sing with Mary a hymn of gratitude to God for His great goodness and mercy. Amen.
Friends, will you please visit Angie and bestow your prayers and good thoughts upon her?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.