2.11.2010

A Glimmer in the Darkness

The Fall 2010 WVU Football Schedule was released yesterday!  Seriously - from Super Bowl Sunday until Kickoff of the new season seems to take for.e.ver.  There are a few glimmers of light in the darkness that I like to refer to as *gasp* baseball season - seriously, pitchers and catchers report next week!

One, is National Signing Day.  WVU did pretty well with our recruiting class and as late as today have been signing new recruits.
Another is the day the Fall Schedule is released.  LSU in Baton Rouge!  A renewed series with Maryland!  Home Opener followed by 6, SIX!, more home games!

DayDateOpponent
SatSept. 4COASTAL CAROLINA
SatSept. 11at Marshall
SatSept. 18MARYLAND
SatSept. 25at LSU
Sat.Oct. 9UNLV
ThuOct. 14USF [ESPN]
SatOct. 23SYRACUSE (Homecoming)
FriOct. 29at Connecticut [ESPN2]
SatNov 13CINCINNATI (Mountaineer Day)
SatNov 20at Louisville
FriNov 26at Pitt [ESPN/ESPN2/ABC]
SatDec 4RUTGERS [ESPN/ESPN2/ABC]


Another will be the Annual Spring Scrimmage Game.  This year's is April 17.  See countdown on my sidebar for specifics!
And the last will be when two-a-days start in the summer and football retakes the headlines!


Sure, in the meantime, I've got basketball to keep me distracted.  And, the Mountaineers are actually quite good at basketball.  But, while I enjoy watching them play, I just don't track every moment like I do with football.


So, until Sept. 4 the next time I need my football fix....


Let's GOOOOO Mountaineers!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I was going to write a smiliar post today - I love Huggs and the boys but I need football. I really do. I think I am going to try to go to the LSU game, I know with everything going on you may not want to but if you want to think about it let me know :)

    I got my dad tickets to the March 4th bball game - I am hoping being in the crowd, feeling the excitment will make my craving for Mylan field a little less .... NEEDED lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hypothetically... what would you think of me if I admitted that I have never watched a complete game of college football? Not that this is the case, but if it were... ;-)

    I am glad that you at least have a schedule to hold you over. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to think of Xmas as just being something that breaks up the the off season when no Netball is on. So I know how the off season can be boring .

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.