1.01.2010

Gator Bowl

If you're looking for a Happy New Year post, or a post on resolutions, please come back tomorrow.  I have more important things to discuss today - Mountaineer Football!!!  (You're shocked, I know - ha!)



Today felt like it would never get here.  But it did, and it is GAME DAY!

Today, at 1 pm EST, the Mountaineers and the Florida State Seminoles face off in the annual Gator Bowl.

I'm so excited, I'm turning gold and blue.  Ok, that's just the face paint, but let's not dwell on details.

Seriously though, I'm ready - and I sure hope the Mountaineers who are actually playing in the bowl game are ready too!!!

We've opted for the comforts and convenience, and let's face it, cost, of our living room over actually going to the bowl game this year.

Any bowl game is special.  But this year's is extra special for Florida State.  Bobby Bowden is retiring.  If you don't know who Bobby Bowden is, you've probably not read this far anyway, so I'm not going to explain it.
But you may not know why it's special to a WVU fan that it's Bobby Bowden's last game.

Well, I'm gonna tell ya!  (Again, I know your shocked!)  Bobby Bowden was once upon a time the Head Coach at WVU.  His sons even went to the same high school as me.  He is pretty much a legend in WV and if we were having a bad year, it wasn't uncommon to see signs that said "Bobby Bowden Phone Home" in the stands at games.

Did you see We Are Marshall (if not, you must!  Even if you're not a football fan!)?  True story - and it will give you glimpse of the kind of man that Bobby Bowden is.

And now that I've told you how great Bobby Bowden is, I'm also going to tell you, that I'll care about all of that again tomorrow.

Today, the only thing I want to have happen is a Mountaineer Win!!!

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game.  We have the better team.  They have the emotional factor.

The one thing I do know for sure, at 1:00 I'll be cheering on the Mountaineers.  It's not a secret this season has had it's ups and downs.  I'm rooting for a major UP to end the season.  This team deserves that, it's time to see if they play to earn it!

Let's Gooooo Mountaineers!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I saw someone in mass with a Moutaineer jersey on and I thought about you---actually my first thought was, "what the heck???"

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jamie - LOL! Yes, dress for mass here in Morgantown resembled a WVU Football Game! Hubs and I both wore WVU Sweatshirts and there were plenty of others in jerseys and WVU gear - and the priest even started his homily with a joke about a 'yoga class he was going to teach at 1:00 today, if we had nothing better to do'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Mountaineers! Yay, Rebecca! Yay, Cliff!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. too bad we didn't win. so happy to find another morgantown blogger :) happy new year. may your 2010 be filled with joy, sparkle, warmth & love. hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on so you may not see your comment show up right away.